Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Thought Karlsson played good in limited minutes tonight. Wasn't hugely noticeable but that's probably a good thing for a guy playing his first playoff game on the road. He wasn't exposed and didn't make any mistakes, and actually showed some decent poise with the puck. I think he stays in the lineup for Game 4.

IIRC, Karlsson was out in the late going protecting the lead. I think he sticks.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
With Soucy hurting and Cole making yet another mistake, I wonder if we're at all tempted to try playing 7 D? Juulsen in limited minutes could help some of our guys that are struggling without being a liability if his icetime is managed and he isn't out there in bad situations (like against the McDavid line).
Take Mik out and add Juulsen wouldn't be a bad idea. Keeps the D fresher as well.

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
WHAT IAN CLARK MAKES...... Triple it!

unsung hero!

The real unsung hero is Dustin Schwartz & the crap he feeds to the goalies over there. :sarcasm:

g7s6j2T.jpg

Last edited:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Knoblauch getting out coached by Rick Tocchet, pretty heavily tbh
It would be even more lopsided if we could play a whole 60 minutes. Bad 3rd periods are really hurting us, and you can just tell they're holding on during those stretches of play.

Knoblauch is on a long list of coaches that has to figure out how to get offence out of his team against playoff defensive systems. Yes, even with McDrai on the team. Imagine if those two couldn't go out every other shift....

On the flip side he hasn't been able to do what Brunette did and counter with a defensive system that matches the Canuck's and then turns the games into coin flips. Which they should win since they have McDrai. But on the other hand, I guess your attitude with McDrai is why should they play defence? But that hasn't won that duo many playoff rounds either...

I do think Tocchet still hasn't deployed his lineup to get more offence and isn't doing enough tactically to get offence out of other lines. It's just working a lot better in this round because Skinner sucks and the Oilers don't play defence other than 'trying hard'. Nor is their forecheck all that great.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Is Sam Carrick a tough guy and since when? Reading Oilers threads they clamoring for him to play next game. I don't remember him being a fighter?
He does fight, he did it many times for us Ducks. He has a lot of heart but he's not a heavy weight so he'd have a limited impact.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
So we have blake price now tweeting he thinks a suspension is coming (almost talking like he thinks there should be one), so dont be surprised if a vc media member starts tweeting about this theres likely one coming I am guessing. He might not know anything, but not a great look if our media is thinking theres one coming.
Who for what?

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007

Said it time and time again, this is the best Canucks team I've ever watched at clearing the front of the net.

It was super frustrating seeing the Sedins era Canucks never able to get big boys like Byfuglien out of the crease and get dominated in front of the net. Super nice having the horses to make sure that doesn't happen anymore.

You want to try and get a rebound against the Canucks now you are going to take an absolute beating to do it.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Pet peeve from tonight's game. Switching goalies after a faceoff to stall for rest of your top players should be a delay of game. I know there is no rule against it but that's more blatant delay of game than a player accidently shooting the puck out of play. Next thing you know players will fall down pretending to be injured before the faceoff like what happens in the NFL. You're given one timeout for a reason and shouldnt be allowed to blatantly stall for time.
We can only hope the Oilers stupidly wasted that tactic once and get nailed for it later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad