Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
McDavid and Draisaitl are playing insane minutes at over 29 minutes tonight. They need to be hit every chance we get. If it’s a long series they’re going to be tired as the games go on. Make it tough for them.
Also, watching the replay again and seeing how McDavid went down on that scrum at the end... pretty sure he's going to be sore for a few days.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Pet peeve from tonight's game. Switching goalies after a faceoff to stall for rest of your top players should be a delay of game. I know there is no rule against it but that's more blatant delay of game than a player accidently shooting the puck out of play. Next thing you know players will fall down pretending to be injured before the faceoff like what happens in the NFL. You're given one timeout for a reason and shouldnt be allowed to blatantly stall for time.

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
So you can see by the way that Zadorov went low on McDavid and Soucy went high that it was an illegal chop block.

Vancouver will be assessed a 15 yard penalty at the beginning of the next game.

Reactions: alternate

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Mikheyev isn't even trying to finish his checks anymore.

He is now just playing tag like Kuzy did or leaning like Hornet did.

He should be a candidate to come out.

Yeah I noticed that too with Mikheyev. Eased up a few times on the forecheck and didn't even finish his hit.

Take him out and put in Podkolzin.

Also EP40 still on milk cartons with 15:49 TOI tonight. No shot attempts too. Brutal night for him.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yeah I noticed that too with Mikheyev. Eased up a few times on the forecheck and didn't even finish his hit.

Take him out and put in Podkolzin.

Also EP40 still on milk cartons with 15:49 TOI tonight. No shot attempts too. Brutal night for him.

Pettersson may as well not even be in the lineup. He and Hoglander have completely checked out.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
First off gotta give Boeser some love. Guy was a beast in all facets and is just 🔥 right now. Made so many smart plays all game. Simply clutch beauty goals him and JT are the leaders and best players on this team. "That's for you dad" I can never see that too many times...unreal love it

Silovs there is no book nor doubts in his mind...just reading and reacting and getting in the Oilers heads with big saves. What a story he's becoming

Lindholm has become such a massive piece with Petterssons struggles. Another solid 2 way performance.

Kudos to the defending. Was no real reason to push forward up by 2. Coiler fans will find solace in shots but it was mostly just us being content and saying go ahead were good. All 6 battled their asses off and put a world of hurt on the Oilers big guns

Knoblaugh is not very smart. Playing his top 6 players as much as he is not a sustainable way of moving deep into playoffs. He'll be lucky if they have enough in them next game to push the pace again and if that's the case it's entirely likely we take over.
Draisaitl could barely move at the end.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Thought Karlsson played good in limited minutes tonight. Wasn't hugely noticeable but that's probably a good thing for a guy playing his first playoff game on the road. He wasn't exposed and didn't make any mistakes, and actually showed some decent poise with the puck. I think he stays in the lineup for Game 4.

Aman was solid on the PK too. Two good calls from Tocchet tonight.

With Soucy hurting and Cole making yet another mistake, I wonder if we're at all tempted to try playing 7 D? Juulsen in limited minutes could help some of our guys that are struggling without being a liability if his icetime is managed and he isn't out there in bad situations (like against the McDavid line).

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
1715580263121.png

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
So we have blake price now tweeting he thinks a suspension is coming (almost talking like he thinks there should be one), so dont be surprised if a vc media member starts tweeting about this theres likely one coming I am guessing. He might not know anything, but not a great look if our media is thinking theres one coming.

• Wow
Reactions: Jovofan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad