Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I can’t help but think how massively disappointing Pettersson has been. The silver lining is that many star players have struggled in the past in their first couple of post seasons (JT Miller 4 goals in 64 playoff games, Barkov and Tkachuk, Panarin, Mark Stone)

He’s got to figure it out though if we want any chance at going farther.
I really think signing the contract got him out of his zone mentally. I think that's the reason he wanted to put it off. I know it sounds weird, but he's kind of a strange kid. I think he comes back strong next year. I hope...

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
One of the funniest things is when Oiler fans say the rest of their roster is useless besides McDavid + Draisaitl. How can other forwards be useful when you have 2 players playing half the game? The other players don't even get minutes to get points.
I don’t think they’d be in the series if they didnt play McDavid and Draisaitl 60 minutes on the same line the last two games

Reactions: B-rock and calnuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

weren't oilers fan complaining the other day about that one video of a canucks fan swearing (oh my!!!)

presented without further comment except give Z $$$$$$$$$$$

How'd that guy turn out? I'm sure that didn't mean anything in the end.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Thought they were in too much of a shell at times but whatever works I guess.. Team continues to amaze. No chance Canucks are at least making a series of it. Just keep getting the puck on Skinner.

Good

Lindholm - has got the goods for sure. Class is class and eventually it will emerge. Really when you look at the players Flames jettisoned and the players they still got its confusing why they didn't do better. You wonder about the price point but be nice to have this player back. Another excellent two way game

Boeser - not just the scoring but some good back checking and smart puck movement. Having a wonderful playoffs. Somehow even looks faster.

Silvos - bit of an adventure at times but he came up big in this game. Looked more composed in this game.

Garland - again carrying lines in terms of getting the puck up ice into the Oilers zone and getting a forecheck on. Put him on the lotto line before I'd put out Pettersson.

Myers - very solid. Best at keeping Edmonton to the outside and keeping inside position. Better at his zone exits. Playing within himself and maybe the least error prone d-man at this time.

Soucy - had a much better game. His calmness was important late in the game.

Miller - good job defensively on McDavid and again contributing offensively. Clearly the team leader and likely should be captain.

Need more

Lafferty - has not had a good playoff and this might have been his worst game. Easily taken out of the play and often chasing the play. Could see the team letting him go in the off season.

Pettersson - all be said. Might have preferred Aman out some of the time. Labouring much of the time trying to catch up to the play and playing like Horvat in his zone (and that's not good) . Puck watching, getting no pressure on the puck and totally unable to get anyone off the puck. Hard to watch.

Others

Zadorov - maybe his worse game. Last thing you want is to give PP to Oilers and he seemed determined to give them chances. Lacked the intensity where it really counts (like playing the puck out smoothly and jamming up the blue line.) and was suckered into poor penalties. Don't think he was bad in the play but not as effective as in earlier games. No need getting invlved wirh verbal with the Oilers or the refs.

Karlsson - some how he played near 10 minutes but I can't remember ever seeing him in the play.

Hughes - playoffs are proving a huge challenge for this player. Teams hitting him and taking away any room. Is having trouble around his net and not maintaining anything like inside position. Hate to say it but you wonder if has enough size to play well in these types of situations. (might wonder about this with brother Jack as well in this regard) Major talent so you think he might adapt and find ways to cope better. Had chances to do things in this game but shooting was poor and at times play seemed hurried and unfocused. Did not have a good game on the PP.

One thing I don't get is why they are giving Draistal so much room on the PP. Got to get some pressure on him. Know that opens up other possibilities but let them look for those and try to take away the player who, presently, is killing you from down low on the goal line.

Wonder if there is a goalie change next game for the Oilers. Love to see them have to go with their third goalie and call up Campbell.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It worked tonight but didn't in game 2, the passive hold on to the lead thing. My heart can't take it.
Alain Vigneault used to do this a lot. Not being aggressive probably cost them in 2009 (R2 G4)...but the core figured out how to lock a game down in 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad