Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
FB_IMG_1715574696443.jpg

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
The thing is, I don’t think you can really win in a sustainable way the way the Oilers are playing. They need another line. Sure you can pressure the opposition for 40 minutes if you play your best line 10 minutes more than the other’s teams, but how long can you keep that up? We’ll find out, but even if they beat us they won’t get through Dallas or Colorado playing that way.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I didn't mind the way they played in the 3rd, lots of shots against but very low percentage looks with few opportunities for second chances. The 2nd was way worse where the Oilers had a ton of chances off rushes and broken plays but Silovs and the post kept us in.

Clearly the Oilers struggle to get anything done 5 on 5 when they can't fly up the ice and rely on special teams to break deadlocks, but this time around we matched them on the PP.

Could've been up 3-0 if not for the comedy of errors leading to the tying goal in G2, nevertheless it's still incredible that we're up in the series. Not a fluke at all.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Silovs is heating up.

Oilers can't do shit at even strength against us. Their only move is to max out the McWhine and make it a special teams battle.

I expect Rutherford to keep Sutherland out of the rest of the series.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
All talk about 'Silovs not being ready' needs to be banned on these boards. Outshot 45-18.....22 in the third period alone......An heroic effort by Arty.....another game where they have their goalie to thank for the win.

Now it's up to the Oilers to figure out what to do in the crease. It's got to be in their heads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad