Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
Canucks and my Flames

giphy.gif
Yes I have now warmed to the flames

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Nov 1, 2011
Hughes - Hronek looked great against McDrai when Edmonton was playing for that matchup.

We should work that rather than Myers - Soucy.

Also, Cole had another one go off him. How unlucky can a guy be.

Great win for the boys!

cc

Feb 28, 2002
There's a very good chance that edm will complain that the calls didn't go their way enough. They probably want to be gifted the game

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Can pretty much count on at least one of Soucy or Zadorov getting a suspension though for next game, yeah? I think it's the kind of thing that happens when you don't call penalties like the Kane slew foot, the boarding, the McDavid high stick, and no supplemental discipline on the groin spear, but we know how this kind of thing can go.

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
Silovs was fantastic. Hot damn.

You probably need to win at least one game you didn’t deserve to in order to win a best of seven series. This game was (hopefully) it.

Arty…wow.

And Lindholm trade paying huge dividends for us.

And Boeser just playing huge.

Our PK came through big time in the third, too.

Exhale.
Don’t forgot our goal posts they helped out huge

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Man, protecting all those leads in the third all season long paid off. No one cares how you win them once you get to the post-season, and getting a 2-1 lead means there's a good chance Demko can come back if Silovs stutters at all moving forward (easily our best player tonight).

As much as none of the guys could make a play offensively really after the first, that reliance on their d-zone structure and great goaltending got them through this one.

Not really worth analyzing in depth, everyone was terrible at ES offensively after the first. Need to figure out a way to get out of these ruts and fight back when the ice is tilted.

MVP for the Canucks this series so far has been Skinner - the team is clearly in his head, he looked great for the first half of the first, then let in some softies and the team/crowd got to him.

EDIT: Also Oilers crowd ain't got shit on our crowd, one crowd kept it going no matter how their team is playing while the other followed the waves of their team.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Can pretty much count on at least one of Soucy or Zadorov getting a suspension though for next game, yeah? I think it's the kind of thing that happens when you don't call penalties like the Kane slew foot, the boarding, the McDavid high stick, and no supplemental discipline on the groin spear, but we know how this kind of thing can go.
No? McDavid slashed Soucy first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad