GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Edmonton’s been the better team by a wide margin in the first and third

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
no complaints about silovs tonight

1715402050862.jpeg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good bounceback game by silovs

McDavid is playing literally every other shift. The longer this game goes the more tired he gets

Dude’s a freak, I think he could handle 30-40 minutes a night. Just need to limit his chances as much as we can and counter strike when he takes a breather.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Skinner looked awful there @mossey3535
It's like he's not good or something...

Actually I do think he's a decent regular season starter. But I'm the playoffs he's had a lot of issues.

If the Oilers played actual defence they could probably get by with him. But their defensive play has been highly overrated from what I can see.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Oilers are literally a one line PP merchant team. No depth and trash 5 on 5 with poor goaltending.

How was this team believed to be a cup contender?
Because if they keep getting calls, they have the ability to win games that way. Well, early rounds anyway. You've got to think this is pretty physically taxing.

Thing is, how dangerous would they be if they had good management

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Would love for a major sports media person to put together a complete and objective compilation + analysis of all the potential/obvious calls that could/should have been called in a game like this. Assuming it skews strongly in favor of one team (cough, Edmonton), the NHL and its refs should be publicly raked over the coals. Consistent public embarrassment might be the only way to start bringing some consistency to the reffing.

Reactions: Jovofan

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
It's not even like he's been straight awful. He's had some unusually good moments pushing the play with the puck too.

It's just...totally uncharacteristically "high event" and chaotic. And right now, sort of leaning more toward the "bad chaos".
They know that they can rush him into bad decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad