GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Imagine being worse than the rival teams 3rd string go la lie. What a pathetic franchise Edmonton is. Can’t wait to sweep their assess.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
The Oilers board is bitching that this was the worst reffed period of the playoffs. Against them. Edmonton is actually a brain-dead market. Aggressive, stupid, uneducated hockey fans. Too much petrochemical fumes from Refinery Row, unfortunately.

Luckily I only spent 6 years there... hopefully I avoided the worst of it.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Ref #1: So we owe the Canucks a 4 minute PP. And ideally one where McDavid is sitting because he's the guy we missed committing a penalty.

Sutherland: Okay so I should call a penalty on the Canucks the next time McDavid gets knocked down?

Ref #1: Well no, we owe the Canucks a PP...

Sutherland: Too late. They're on the PP. But it's okay, I just let McDavid get away with a pick.

Ref #2: No no no! You realize we owe the Canucks 8 minutes in PP time now?

Sutherland: Actually, I personally owe the Canucks 164 minutes in penalties over the course of my career. I figure i'll just declare bankruptcy so I never have to pay up.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
It's wild, I thought given the chippiness of the game the refs were doing a pretty solid job up until that miss on Hughes. Obviously issues with the boarding, but then the Canucks did something similar later and didn't get called, so the standard was set.

Generally they were catching the right things, couple misses here and there on both sides, but missing that 4 minute, kicking Hughes off the ice, then having the balls to make that call on Suter not long afterwards is something else.

Otherwise thought's are basically the same as the first period. Oilers outside of that top 5 unit suck, wish they could press them a little harder when they aren't on the ice.

Skinner is terrible, I love big Z but that goal was just brutal. Anyone saying to stop chanting his name is out to lunch, its very clear the fans & the team is in this guys head, just keep it rolling.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Everyone always gave Crosby shit for being a whiny diver.

McDavid is way worse than Crosby ever was, and on top of that he's dirty because he knows he'll get away with murder.
Crosby actually played in a league of rats and left-over dead puck ogres too. Guys regularly tried to injure him, not just rough him up or give him love taps. McD has never played in that environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad