GDT: WCSF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I saw this on Reddit so not sure of the source, but:

Edmonton Oilers forward Evander Kane reportedly engaged in heated arguments with several fellow teammates in the locker room after the team choked and gave up a 4-1 lead, ultimately losing 5-4 in devastating fashion to the Vancouver Canucks in game 1.

Kane reportedly left the locker room early, visibly upset.

Lmao.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Would be kinda shocked if Draisaitl plays, he's probably one hit away from the same thing happening as last game.

My gut feeling is that he's not playing but they're not going to give that away until the last minute to give the Canucks a preparation advantage.

He was clearly in no shape to be playing in the last 40 minutes on Wednesday and hasn't been seen since.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
People are way too binary when it comes to Draisaitl playing or not. Absent a pretty remarkable recovery time (which is possible since we don't even know what the injury is), the question isn't whether the Oilers are getting NHL franchise player Draisaitl or not, the question is, whether they are getting Draisaitl playing at like below 50% (if Wednesday is any indication) or not.

Frankly, if he plays but plays like he did on Wednesday then its a big win for us.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lol I just got banned from the Oilers forum for absolutely no reason. I was reading their game day thread, didn't comment and only interacted with one post. I laughed at a multi-paragraph unhinged rant about the city of Vancouver and the people that live there, barely connected to the hockey team at all. About 20 minutes later I was banned from the forum. No explanation or anything.

I know we aren't supposed to discuss moderator actions publicly, but this is absolutely pathetic. One interaction to a post that had nothing to do with hockey and they ban me without even a message saying why? I've got no history on that board, haven't had any sort of infraction for years, and I can't read a thread looking for updates on Draisaitl?

Hfoilers can kiss my ass. So sad and pathetic. What a group of crybabies, especially the poster oil something who clearly went crying to the mods about me laughing at his crazy. And the mods over there, lol get a grip you power abusing babies.

I went and said gg and good luck in the postseason after the last regular season game we played against them and got Troll Stomped after a couple of them had hissy fits hahahahahahahahahaha.

Reactions: bh53 and alternate

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
People are way too binary when it comes to Draisaitl playing or not. Absent a pretty remarkable recovery time (which is possible since we don't even know what the injury is), the question isn't whether the Oilers are getting NHL franchise player Draisaitl or not, the question is, whether they are getting Draisaitl playing at like below 50% (if Wednesday is any indication) or not.

Frankly, if he plays but plays like he did on Wednesday then its a big win for us.
Draisaitl at 50% is still more dangerous than 90% of the NHL.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Crippled Draisaitl is still terrifying on the PP, though, and they could decide to basically run 11 forwards at ES.

Agreed that he's highly unlikely to be an ES factor tonight even if he plays, based on what we saw last game.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

He scores like 130 points a year. Half of that is still 65 points.

It comes from a PRIMETIMESNOOP parody news twitter account. That's the source. It's fake.

I want to choose to believe it anyways, because I hate Evander Kane.

I went and said gg and good luck in the postseason after the last regular season game we played against them and got Troll Stomped after a couple of them had hissy fits hahahahahahahahahaha.

I actually went and commented on a Paul Coffey thread and was very respectful. If I get banned for my post, that will say a lot about what is happening there.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

I just picked 50%. But he looked less than that on Wednesday. He looked like 10-20%. Couldn't skate.

Crippled Draisaitl is still terrifying on the PP, though, and they could decide to basically run 11 forwards at ES.

Agreed that he's highly unlikely to be an ES factor tonight even if he plays, based on what we saw last game.

I agree, once they get possession in the offensive zone on the PP, he's still very dangerous. But with his current mobility and if he plays on the PP, its going to give the Canucks a major advantage in terms of stopping the Oilers from even gaining possession in our zone.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Draisaitl is still terrifying if injured. His ability to create space and hold onto the puck and make a seam pass with no speed is elite. Like Malkin but better.

Zadorov has a job to follow him around again tonight

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
We could kill them at evens and nurse/ceci continue to be terrible etc and end up losing 5-2 because McDavid feels the need to put up 5 points

I saw a lot of good in that first game.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I mean Drai destroyed LA in the playoffs on one leg before

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Sutherland is a nightmare.
Game one was almost a perfect game for the refs, a rare occurrence.

Pathetic and ridiculous its already known game two is going to be a special teams parade of oilers powerplays and garbage calls.

Pgt will be full of game management ref hate. 100%

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
If Draisaitl is dressed, he'll still be effective in his usual side shot spot.

Hyman's first goal in Game 1 was telegraphed enormously, and still didn't stop it. Hope we can nail down some of those cross seam passes today.
Honestly if Cole gets his head out of his ass I’m not as worried. I would still rather avoid giving them the chance though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad