Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM02 | Canucks lose to Oilers in OT | 3-4 (Pettersson, Boeser, & Zadorov) | Less than Stellar Effort

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Somebody needs to call out the officiating for Hughes. He's been getting jobbed big time all playoffs (and even regular season for that matter). Even Hank didn't get disrespected like this. It's a f***ing joke that a captain can get high sticked, slew foot, boarded, etc and refs don't call shit. You could make a lengthy video of all the missed penalties.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Hoglander takes a spear to the balls, and Hughes takes a stick to the face. Zero penalties.

McDavid goes down like Woody from Toy Story on a muffin check - penalty.

Explain that.
Plus 2 slew foots to Hughes and Zadorov by Kane and a not just a hard hit by Nurse to Pettersson which is fine but a punch to the head.

I mean Edmonton caved us in the 3rd and deserved it from that standpoint but the PP for interference was just classic and exactly what i expected from Sutherland and his band of useless idiots after missing a easy 4 minute penalty and then making Hughes leave the ice at 4v4 and then ignoring McDavid interfering Zadorov at the blueline which might have been a bit ticky tack but considering how many egregious mistakes completely fuxxing us over you would think they might throw us a bone and at least try and atone for impacting our game so negatively

Is it too much to ask for competency in a quater final FFS

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Hoglander really needs to sit. Decision making is wayyyy too slow
At this point I don't think we have anything to lose by giving Podkolzin a shot. No idea if he'll be effective, but we know Hoglander won't be.

I thought the Lindholm line was fine overall. Our D f'd up a couple of their shifts.

I wouldn't say we played a good first 40 minutes. We were sloppy early and got better as the game went on... until the 3rd when the Oilers raised their game and we just packed it in.

Also it's amazing how many times during a game Hronek makes the wrong decision.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
They need to work on their breakouts. They couldn't get the puck out all game, some solid adjustments on the part of the Oiler's coaches. They stopped trying to score early in the third and wasted the last 15 minutes. You have to maintain more possession in the zone.
Like Tocchet said, as soon as they got the puck, they immediately flipped it out like they were scared to hold onto it for more than 2 seconds.

They just kept giving the puck back to the Oilers.

Meanwhile the Oilers actually held onto the puck, entered the zone, looked for plays and created chances.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
Good game! Oilers deserved to win this one.

With that being said I'm even more confident we are winning this series. Playing McDrai almost 30 mins is not a sustainable strategy for success.

Oilers are a one line team. We win this.
I wish they would lay the body more on them. Nothing dirty, just clean, hard hits. If they're a one line team, you have to wear those guys down.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Somebody needs to call out the officiating for Hughes. He's been getting jobbed big time all playoffs (and even regular season for that matter). Even Hank didn't get disrespected like this. It's a f***ing joke that a captain can get high sticked, slew foot, boarded, etc and refs don't call shit. You could make a lengthy video of all the missed penalties.
How to four officials miss that high stick when the puck is right there?

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Feel bad for Cole.

Had a bounce back game and then ends up with a unlucky own goal redirect in OT...

Two canucks running in to each other is what resulted in the McDavid breakaway. Would not blame Myers for not being able to react. Thats McDavid speed for ya.

Hope Foote goes over the tape with the D to get them to clean up their transition play and breakouts. Lots of dumb mistakes and unforced errors from the backend tonight

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Hoglander would be my choice to sit out. He is doing nothing.
Hoglander is pretty much looking how Bains did in his call up. Needs 3 seconds to process things but only has a fraction of the time to act.

In OT, he had another oppotunity to pass to a wide open Pettersson who had a 2 on 1 opening up for him. Not even 1 meter away from him...but Hoglander is looking forward, carrying the puck...finally realizes EP is there but gets swarmed by 2 guys and turns over the puck.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Hoglander hasn’t done jack shit this playoffs
Seriously, guys basically just there doing cardio.
Hpglander pisses me off, thats why Petersson can't score. Petersson open all alone in front of net on multiple occasions and Hoglander just keeps the puck to himself until he loses it. Mikheyev just does warmup skates instead of actually playing.

Reactions: aquaweenie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad