GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The problem with the sour patch kids for me was always them making my mouth raw as hell if I ate too many.

Oh yeah, that's a thing. It's that weird course sugar they put on them.

But even just drinking a lot of real margaritas will do the same thing. Just citric acid or whatevs.

Reactions: Jay26

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
Cole with probably the worst period I’ve ever seen from a defenseman.

1. Jumps on for too many men.
2. Allows the cross crease to go through him for the back door goal on the subsequent PP for the Oilers first goal.
3. Terrible giveaway on second oilers goal.
Also bungled a potential 2 on 1 in the precursor to the first goal, and made a poor offensive zone turnover prior to the second goal

Mind blowing period. He had a great first round so hopefully we see more of the former moving forward

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I do, because it doesn't matter how high danger your chances are when you're struggling to put the puck on net as a result of them. You literally can't score a goal unless the puck is directed towards the net, no matter how dangerous you look.
Those are shot attempts. They had lots of shot attempts against Nashville and they'll have more against the Oilers.

Offensive philosophy in hockey is shifting towards less of an emphasis on shot count. You take 30 mediocre shots and the goalie saves 93% of them, you might get one goal. Average save percentage against high danger is 80.6%. Ten HD shots gets you 2 goals.

Reactions: Indiana

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
He’s 34, not 60.. he should be rested enough for the 1st game.

That's not how things work in real life. Everyone is different and is effected by age and fatigue differently. When you're an avg at best player you don't have room for error.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
In the game but again no finish.

Same story throughout playoffs - must get more out of Hughes and Pettersson.

Silvos should have stayed centered on the second goal and maybe Demko does a better job of cutting off cross crease pass on the first one.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad