GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
Gifted lead, completely unforced error taking the penalty and then against a stationary powerplay getting no momentum or nothing done we have a mental mistake and coverage breakdown absolutely gifting them a lead.

Oilers are too high powered to be gifting them goals like that.

Gotta be better Canucks! Keep up the dominant 5v5 play!

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Cole with the worst 2 opening minutes I've seen from a Canuck d in the playoffs in quite some time. Otherwise everyone else looking good. 4th line seen too many shifts though imo in the first 10 minutes - getting caught out there is a recipe for disaster.

Oilers giving the Canucks a lot more space than Nashville did. Saw more open ice in the first 10 minutes here than the last two games against the Preds.

Can't get down on themselves, just keep pressing.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What the hell is Cole doing?

A super high point shot that misses the net, then a slapper that gets blocked (that one was fine) then he almost gives it away and ultimately kills our offensive zone time.

Way too early but I was worried Edmonton's speed would expose Cole. Hopefully, it's just rust from the long delay but he's gotta get his head on.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Pettersson is getting to match up against Holloway, McLeod and Perry, so I think we can expect shifts like that one a lot in this series.

Lindholm is getting the Draisaitl line and Miller is getting the McDavid line.

Reactions: Ozone and Felidae

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Frustrating to give up a PP goal after a real strong start to the kill. Does Edmonton's #1 unit basically stay out the whole 2 minutes? They were still out to score at the 1:30 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad