Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 6 | Oilers def. Canucks 5-1 (Hoglander) | Anyone…anyone…Canucks?

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Wondering about it DeSmith …
It's a hard decision. Nowadays working with the goalie coach is very close to game action so IMO rust isn't an issue. Might need to go to desmith just to wake up the team. But I would prefer Demko.

EDIT I guess Demko isn't playing. Who knows though?

After tonight I'd be inclined to start DeSmith. I just get the idea that Silovs is gassed. Either way the starter should have a very short leash.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Do we ever. I think we need a genius offensive guru, Adam Oates would be fine. Newell Brown is old news.

I personally have always felt like these guys are too cocky and you can't teach them a thing. Petterson always dicks around and and gave away breakaways in the past and we've lost games as a result. Miller is Miller but is actually coachable now, and Hughes is not being coached effectively to use his amazing skill set. I think we need a hall of fame guy to get these personalities to get off their high horse and get the PP to where it should be. Shoot the puck for crying out loud.

Look at our personnel, we are majorly under-achieving.

15 shots ... like c'mon that's pathetic, you don't need Gretzky to tell you can't score if you don't shoot.
We don't need a power play coach, we just need players willing to put in the effort.

You have an extra player on the ice and you're getting beaten to every loose puck and losing every battle along the boards. That says it all.

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Fact is this - we should have been f***ed immediately with Demko going down off the bat. That is a death sentence 99% of the time, and if Nashville wasn't completely anemic up front it would have been.

Instead, we got some absolutely incredible memories out of the last few weeks. The Benning Era feels like a lifetime ago now.

Whatever happens, it was a nice break from the absolute misery the last decade has been.
Yup I completely agree I hope the boys go out to start game 7 playing balls to the wall and leave it all out there and feel proud

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
We don't need a power play coach, we just need players willing to put in the effort.

You have an extra player onj the ice and you're getting beaten to every loose puck and losing every battle along the boards. That says it all.

It's will, not skill or intelligence now.

Someone above said they know the Canucks will lose when they see their powerplay. I think the Canucks will lose if they don't win battles. That includes getting to pucks first and getting the puck cleanly to the next man.

They lost nearly every battle they were in during this game.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

You have an extra player on the ice and you're getting beaten to every loose puck and losing every battle along the boards. That says it all.
It’s more complicated than that… we need to shift away from having Hughes on the top. His shot from the top is not scary enough or accurate enough so they don’t really pressure that and basically pressure Miller and Petey.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
This performance was embarrassing as a Canucks fan. Even if we win game 7, won’t be as satisfying as taking them out in 6.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It’s more complicated than that… we need to shift away from having Hughes on the top. His shot from the top is not scary enough or accurate enough so they don’t really pressure that and basically pressure Miller and Petey.

Hughes distributes from up there, but they should be opening up shooting lanes for Miller, Boeser, Pettersson and Lindholm ... not taking soft wristers. And the literal only play they have is setting up looks from Miller or Pettersson on the outside half wall, and never get pucks inside.

Reactions: mossey3535

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Couldn't have said it any better. Will be even sweeter when we win!
Exactly this. It needs not be said if you think they are "playing with house money" or "they weren't expected to do shit this year". Saying that stuff is just an open ended excuse to use if they do lose.

I f***ing always expect them to win. I'm pissed when they don't. This is why theres no reason for me to even bother trying to bring up random things to support or defend why they should be or shouldnt be here.

Why if the belief is the other team outplayed ours, I don't feel the need to justify responding to prove what? Let the others be the trolls, they can feel bad abt it. Justifying why your team won, like who cares? If my team gets utterly outplayed, but they win, that's literally all I give a f*** about. Let the other fan base cry about it. Makes tears delicious lol. then when we lose say well we weren't expected to win... Sorry thats defeatist attitude imo, and I have no problem calling it out. There were alot of ppl here already penciling in Dallas like it was forgone conclusion, Mb the players did too.

Yall seem like decent ppl with high passion for the team, love that energy. Wtvr u do with it is up to you, Ive no control over how you want to express it any more than I have control of how players play. But some of the vitriol spewed against our own team, let alone how some of us act to other fanbases, well the actions of a few paint the whole. Whether u care or not won't bother me, I'll still be entertained reading it, and roll my eyes to the dumb shit said from either side. K sorry for the last and this long post, just wanted to put some things in perspective. As y'all were let's discuss the gameplan for 7😁

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008
I get the whole 'We weren't expected to make it this far' thing but the reality is if the team is focused and working hard they will win game 7.

Because no one thought they'd get here doesn't give the team a free pass if they lose in 7. They need to work hard to win and tonight they didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad