Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 6 | Oilers def. Canucks 5-1 (Hoglander) | Anyone…anyone…Canucks?

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Well, nothing ever comes easy for this team haha. Oh well, onto game 7, try to wipe their asses from this diarrhea explosion.

Oilers full marks, their season on the line, and they played like it, every man. Draisaitl was possessed today.

Nothing I can comment on canucks really, just have short term memory, and play like you want it. This series deserved a game 7, let's bring this bitch home Monday!

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
Really hope they have the will to compete come Monday.

Sometimes, the 'bounce back' games just run their course and the team is done.

Hope this isn't the case.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The whole team should be completely embarrassed by that performance. From start to finish they were off, and it got worse from there. For the first time this series nobody looked good.

No excuses either. The reffing was fine, the Oilers were vulnerable and they just blew it.

The powerplay is completely unacceptable and Tocchet or whoever needs to do something different. We cannot go 0/4 again.

Go back to Vancouver, get your shit together and do something that hasn't happened in 13 years: win a series in Vancouver.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
giphy.gif

FFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu**************KKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Flik

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Silovs turned back into a pumpkin, Oilers discovered we wilt under hard 2 man forecheck.

Tocchet failed to adjust to their adjustment, and for the second series straight didn't drop more forwards to relieve the forecheck pressure on his D. He didn't pull Silovs when he should have. They obviously haven't worked on the PP. A lot of this is on him. I get that they're on house money and he's still learning what the playoffs is about like the team is but come on. This is coaching 101.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Millers line struggling as much as it did really gave the team no chance of winning. I think the other 3 lines played pretty well all things considered. Hoglander-Lindholm-Pettersson had some good shifts and the only goal, and the bottom 6 played fine. Miller seemed slow, lethargic, and checked out after the first.

It made me wonder if he was sick or something - very uncharacteristic performance from that line.

Reactions: Svencouver

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Tocchet: Do not get too low! Back to earth and be ready for game 7. We’re tied 3-3 going back home. We’re in a good position here.

We need leadership Tocchet after that performance.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Regardless of what happens on Monday, this has been an absolute blast of a season and posting on these forums has been so much fun with y'all

This is me, too. Obviously I don’t like an effort like tonight, and I hope we get better in Game 7 - but we are playing with house money at this point and it’s been an absolute riot.

Hope we can throw some adversity Edmonton’s way in Game 7 - they didn’t have to work for squat tonight.

Reactions: BenningHurtsMySoul

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This series was going 7. Yer only kidding yourself if you honestly thought otherwise.

Silovs is in net. That's the only decision.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's not when you lose, it's how you lose. And that was pretty much worst case scenario.

Oilers big five had their way and put up big numbers. McDavid was McDavid. Bouchard continues to kick the shit out of us with 3 more points and a +4.

Skinner was barely tested but now must feel confident with a win. Other end - Silovs with his worst game of the playoffs. I think the run might be over. That 3rd goal was an absolute backbreaker.

But above all else - the powerplay continues to sewer this team. Two early chances with one f***ing shot, and a complete muffin of a 5 on 3 with the chance to pull within one. Tocchet should be flipping over tables after that abomination.

Miller and Boeser with complete no shows. Very disappointing.

I know this team has consistently made it happen, but they've really put themselves into a box here. Oilers have 100% of the momentum.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
As I said with all the hot takes after last win and them starting skinner thinking its going to be a sure win, hockey is random, this fanbase should know this more then any other, series is not over until its over and the franchise has a rough history as we all know being clutch.

Hopefully they show up game 7.

Reactions: Nomobo and B-rock

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
The Canucks have played one game this whole series...game 5.

Really this series the Oilers have played better.

That aggressive PK in Game 5 has since disappeared again. It's a Jekyl and Hyde team.

Reactions: ginner classic

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
The whole team should be completely embarrassed by that performance. From start to finish they were off, and it got worse from there. For the first time this series nobody looked good.

No excuses either. The reffing was fine, the Oilers were vulnerable and they just blew it.

The powerplay is completely unacceptable and Tocchet or whoever needs to do something different. We cannot go 0/4 again.

Go back to Vancouver, get your shit together and do something that hasn't happened in 13 years: win a series in Vancouver.

The first period was pretty solid. Wheels came off after that, though.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
the way they played tonight was not a team worth cheering for. I'm kinda over Pettersson, from his bitching to win now and not showing up when the team is winning, wants to get paid the big bucks but becomes casper the ghost.

Reactions: B-rock

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
That was embarrassing. They didn’t bother showing up.

Maybe I’m a bad fan but I don’t have much faith in these guys winning game 7 when the two best players in this series are on the other side and your best player (Hughes) has been largely neutralized.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Also regardless of what happens the team needs to hire a new PP coach over the summer, and badly. This team is plenty talented with the man advantage, I feel like - more than having Demko back - this series is over if we were better on the PP.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Millers line struggling as much as it did really gave the team no chance of winning. I think the other 3 lines played pretty well all things considered. Hoglander-Lindholm-Pettersson had some good shifts and the only goal, and the bottom 6 played fine. Miller seemed slow, lethargic, and checked out after the first.
well he's been carrying this team all playoffs because Pettersson decided to suck

Reactions: B-rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad