Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 6 | Oilers def. Canucks 5-1 (Hoglander) | Anyone…anyone…Canucks?

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
They have to have a good first shift in the next game.

This was the case in game 3 and it got them going.

Forwards have to help the D, we all know our big guys in the back aren’t fast where is the help?

Terrible performance overall.

Silovs let in a stinker but overall I don’t think you can blame him. And no way they throw Demko in cold for a game 7.

In Ryan S Clark we trust.

Last edited:

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Oilers played amazing on the forecheck, backcheck, and on defense. Dominated in transition and kept absolutely everything to the perimeter. Probably their best game of the season when they needed it

Yeah they were full marks tonight. Kudos to them.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
No positives here. I’d give Silovs a pass for battling all game, but there’s 1 or 2 I’m sure he’d like back - not that it would have made a difference.

The loss is one thing, that effort was another. Oilers came out playing like their life depended on it, and we just looked flat - huge opportunity staring us in the face and we failed to grab it.

Hope we can reload and prepare for Game 7. We need to play like our lives are on the line, because they will be.

I predicted Canucks in 7. I still believe we can do it - but if we come out and play like that in Game 7, we’ll be lucky to keep the score under double digits. Regroup, summon your pride, and play an actual hockey game, please.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Just depressed as hell.

If we had come out blazing hot but got denied by hot goaltending and posts...okay fine, shit happens. But seeing the team being unable to make basic plays and generate next to nothing with your best guys showing fatigue...You sort of get that sinking feeling in the gut.

That's why 2011 hurt. There was nothing left in the tank and it was evident.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Rough game, not many positives at all.

Let’s bounce back for game 7 and win this series.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Cant blame anyone but themselves. No one really showed up tonight to score, hit, anything. Hughes was beyond trash other than his one close shot

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Hughes, Miller, Boeser, Hronek all shit.
Millers line struggling as much as it did really gave the team no chance of winning. I think the other 3 lines played pretty well all things considered. Hoglander-Lindholm-Pettersson had some good shifts and the only goal, and the bottom 6 played fine. Miller seemed slow, lethargic, and checked out after the first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad