GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley

Warning !!!!! War and Peace like post...

Kris Knoblauch.. ahh yes. The "nxt up" fella after Jay Woodcroft. The Canucks all year have been playing with house money. Not expected to win divsion let alone maybe a wild card spot. But RT has the boys playing a style they can win with in the playoffs. That is why we will win.

I remember when the oilers were 5-12-1, I do, it was because Woodcroft knew that while the Oil are a massive shooting goal machine with 3 superstars (putting Evan in there as well).. when the game changes in playoffs the Oil style just cannot getter done. So Jay tried 'zone defence,' or sometimes called a 'box-plus-one,' which is the most common system in the NHL. It relies on players to cover an assigned 'zone' on the ice versus being assigned a specific player like you would in a 'man-on-man'.
We know the results, he had a great record, why change!?! He knew, and I bet my last dollar the room said F**K this, would not play ball with him, tanked and got the Knobstar now.

Knobblauch suffers from expectations. He came in the team went NUCLEAR for him, they were back to scoring and playing how they wanted to, showing everyone they were the pride of the pacific. All the while putting more pressure on them to win in the playoffs, with a style that sucks and 2 D-men as a pairing whom I would rank like Ben Hutton & Gudbranson pairing. Somehow the two of them together seem to make the other worse. Knoblauch is CRACKING under the pressure, meanwhile seems every move Ricky boy does is gold.

Knob: Skinner gets flayed for 4 goals game 3, panicks and pulls him killing his confidence - Loss and Loser move.
Rick: Silvos gets roasted for 4 goals game 2, Tocky keeps him in says play throught it bois - Win

Knob: Ceci and Nurse not pulling their weight, really bad. - Does nothing doubles down since he can't piss off his stars (becuase we know he's not even the coach anyways) - Lose
Rick: Hoglander 24 goals, most even strength. But no points , PDG not there - Boom Aman and Karlsson in. No time to muck about pull your wieght or drop out - Win

This is why we should win, Knoblauch does not run the show, if he did I would assume he'd just say FUC* it but drop Ceci AND Nurse for Troy Stecher and Phillip Broberg. Anyways to kick guys in the teeth to wake up. Now Skinner the fall guy for the Oilers lack of any defensice system, with the I'm not the coach of the team Kobstar throwing in Pickard to the lions.... and he better pray it works. If not I don't think the Oilers staff, coaches and players have "the balls on their jerseys" to make the tough decesions. Pressure so high they be paralyzed.

Thanks... 4 to 3 Canucks again.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Seeing Neil Young for the first time tonight.
Bought tickets back in February.
Stoked for that.

Will race back to watch the game.

5UsD.gif

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Myers and Zadorov were putrid together so I don't think that happens at all.
Actually when Zadorov first got here it was 10 games before the opponents scored 3 goals when they were paired and on the ice at the same time.
I think Vancouver has the mental edge going into this game. Yes, Edmonton will come out strong. But I believe these Canucks are capable of taking advantage of the line-up changes the Oilers are making and the physical/mental wear-and-tear that they have inflicted on Edmonton's best players.
I think they have since the start of the season. Edmonton was "Cup or Bust" before the season start and then they got broken by the Canucks and took a new coach and most of the season to recover.
The mental pressure just got ramped up to over drive on Edmonton. Imagine those spares that sit on the bench and can't do anything now expected to pull the nuts out of the fire.
All the media hype about no push back is just urging conflicts.
Th Canucks have been so composed it must be driving the Oilers crazy having to contain there own impulses.

Especially with no negative comments from players and Tocchet pumping their tires all the time.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Showing their true colours what a mostly pathetic group (Simpson Botterill Whitney Button Spector) you all suck. At least Gazdic hasn't tried hiding his homerism and is basically a roster player which makes it all that much funnier that Bieksa might even be a bit tongue tied now that they brought the Oilers heavyweight to the table and Friedman is already starting to kiss his and McDavids balls

This is the game that if we can survive the early barrage and stay disciplined that we can put the foot on their throats and have our superior depth take over. Need big games from our 2 Swedish Cs. Kinda funny that Knob is gonna rely on Calvin Pickard to pull them from the depths of hell we are clearly in their heads and i love it.

Go Canucks Go

I actually like Jennifer. Pretty much for her hockey knowledge of how to play defence and stuff. She has some strong insights tat show she really knows the game. As far as her comments on suspending Soucy and stuff ... well she played women's hockey with no fighting and nothing like NHL level of aggression so that I take with a shaker of salt.

I actually like Gadzic. He's obviously a homer for the team he barely had an NHL career with but he's complementary to the Canucks in lots of areas and doesn't pretend to be a know it all. He knows the game a bit and just makes some honest, although sometimes bland comments.

No joke...

I had to sign a separation agreement this morning before work that is being filed today and I have to tell my 9, 7 and 4 year old kids on Friday before they go away with their mom for the long weekend. I slept horribly.

Not really into the game at all tonight. :(

This season has meant a lot to me as my personal life has fallen apart around it. Thanks Canucks.

Hey Sopes, hang in there buddy. I know it's an incredibly rough go but concentrate on the kids and your day to day moving forward. Your children are what's important and something that will always stay with you. It's good to remember that. Just keep yourself busy and use it as an opportunity to better yourself. Easier said then done, I know.

I hope the Canucks can get you engaged and bring you some joy. You've been on the train from day 1. I hope they get you a win.

Go Canucks Go!

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I think Vancouver has the mental edge going into this game. Yes, Edmonton will come out strong. But I believe these Canucks are capable of taking advantage of the line-up changes the Oilers are making and the physical/mental wear-and-tear that they have inflicted on Edmonton's best players.

If anything the last game was the tough one mentally speaking for Van - going into their barn after Oilers took game 2. One thing is this team bends but often doesn't break.

I can see this more of a defensive struggle early but another 4-3 score wouldn't surprise me. If they can get to Pickard early then McDrai will have another 30-min night. Not sure how tired they are.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Looks like Edmonton plans on playing McDavid and Drais every 2nd shift. Going with 11 F 7 D. Easier to keep throwing them out said Knob

Goalies are vicious about making saves, even in practice. haha
I believe it was Patrick Roy who claimed to have never once given up a goal in practice.

I think there is some downstream impact on morale when you make drastic lineup changes between every game. The panic gets passed onto the players.

I guess i am starting to see why Toc doesn't make that many changes from game to game to keep the players calm.
1715711304086.png

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think there is some downstream impact on morale when you make drastic lineup changes between every game. The panic gets passed onto the players.

I guess i am starting to see why Toc doesn't make that many changes from game to game to keep the players calm.

I think the best explanation is that the coach is showing confidence in the players and genuinely likes their performance despite not getting the required results. Tocchet and his staff have been looking for players to play their system since last season. Play the system and they believe production will follow. They've been right and you hear that from players in post-game interviews (Boeser mentioned "structure" about 5 times). It's why Hoglander is now out of the line-up. Why Kuzmenko couldn't find a spot. And why guys like Mikheyev and PDG keep seeing ice-time despite no production.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I think the best explanation is that the coach is showing confidence in the players and genuinely likes their performance despite not getting the required results. Tocchet and his staff have been looking for players to play their system since last season. Play the system and they believe production will follow. They've been right and you hear that from players in post-game interviews (Boeser mentioned "structure" about 5 times). It's why Hoglander is now out of the line-up. Why Kuzmenko couldn't find a spot. And why guys like Mikheyev and PDG keep seeing ice-time despite no production.
yeah and with Knob shuffling things around like crazy, it just screams to the players he doesn't know what the solution is.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
yeah and with Knob shuffling things around like crazy, it just screams to the players he doesn't know what the solution is.

He doesn't but he's put in a bit of a hard place. I get doing something drastic like this after not getting any results from the last three games. Sometimes these sorts of changes wake a team up. If it works and those two playing on every line gets others going and it carries over into the next game then maybe he can finally reduce their ice-time and he's got a real team. Doesn't work and there's not much else he can do.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Warning !!!!! War and Peace like post...

Kris Knoblauch.. ahh yes. The "nxt up" fella after Jay Woodcroft. The Canucks all year have been playing with house money. Not expected to win divsion let alone maybe a wild card spot. But RT has the boys playing a style they can win with in the playoffs. That is why we will win.

I remember when the oilers were 5-12-1, I do, it was because Woodcroft knew that while the Oil are a massive shooting goal machine with 3 superstars (putting Evan in there as well).. when the game changes in playoffs the Oil style just cannot getter done. So Jay tried 'zone defence,' or sometimes called a 'box-plus-one,' which is the most common system in the NHL. It relies on players to cover an assigned 'zone' on the ice versus being assigned a specific player like you would in a 'man-on-man'.
We know the results, he had a great record, why change!?! He knew, and I bet my last dollar the room said F**K this, would not play ball with him, tanked and got the Knobstar now.

Knobblauch suffers from expectations. He came in the team went NUCLEAR for him, they were back to scoring and playing how they wanted to, showing everyone they were the pride of the pacific. All the while putting more pressure on them to win in the playoffs, with a style that sucks and 2 D-men as a pairing whom I would rank like Ben Hutton & Gudbranson pairing. Somehow the two of them together seem to make the other worse. Knoblauch is CRACKING under the pressure, meanwhile seems every move Ricky boy does is gold.

Knob: Skinner gets flayed for 4 goals game 3, panicks and pulls him killing his confidence - Loss and Loser move.
Rick: Silvos gets roasted for 4 goals game 2, Tocky keeps him in says play throught it bois - Win

Knob: Ceci and Nurse not pulling their weight, really bad. - Does nothing doubles down since he can't piss off his stars (becuase we know he's not even the coach anyways) - Lose
Rick: Hoglander 24 goals, most even strength. But no points , PDG not there - Boom Aman and Karlsson in. No time to muck about pull your wieght or drop out - Win

This is why we should win, Knoblauch does not run the show, if he did I would assume he'd just say FUC* it but drop Ceci AND Nurse for Troy Stecher and Phillip Broberg. Anyways to kick guys in the teeth to wake up. Now Skinner the fall guy for the Oilers lack of any defensice system, with the I'm not the coach of the team Kobstar throwing in Pickard to the lions.... and he better pray it works. If not I don't think the Oilers staff, coaches and players have "the balls on their jerseys" to make the tough decesions. Pressure so high they be paralyzed.

Thanks... 4 to 3 Canucks again.
Thought this wall of text was the guardian.

Well put. Don't tell anyone I said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad