GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
No joke...

I had to sign a separation agreement this morning before work that is being filed today and I have to tell my 9, 7 and 4 year old kids on Friday before they go away with their mom for the long weekend. I slept horribly.

Not really into the game at all tonight. :(

This season has meant a lot to me as my personal life has fallen apart around it. Thanks Canucks.
Dude, really sorry. That is so tough.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Dude, really sorry. That is so tough.
I've been trying desperately for 2 years to hold it together and save it while mom has f***ed off and left the kids and me constantly. It has been exhausting... but now it feels really real. Sucks cuz I was working so hard at keeping it together, while she was getting over it. So now I am way behind in the "moving on" dept.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
No joke...

I had to sign a separation agreement this morning before work that is being filed today and I have to tell my 9, 7 and 4 year old kids on Friday before they go away with their mom for the long weekend. I slept horribly.

This season has meant a lot to me as my personal life has fallen apart around it. Thanks Canucks.

I don't know you on a personal level or what you're dealing with. I've never dealt with that as a married man. I have as a kid. It's not a good situation if they are not the priority.

Please, if I can give you any advice - make damn sure the kids know it's not their fault, and plan to support them with additional counseling in their teenage years if you are able. Think of that as the best investment you will ever make in them as people.

Trust me, growing up being told it was my fault and finding out the real truth when I was an adult shattered my entire sense of self and has left scars that will never fade in full. My parents were incredibly selfish people that put themselves first, and part of that was displacing blame onto their eldest. My relationship with them has been forever tainted, and to this day they have no idea why.

And second only to that - take care of yourself. Drugs/alcohol are not the answer. Find purpose in small successes that are manageable and save the huge ambitions for a time where you are comfortable with your situation.

You're not alone in this by any means. Stay strong. I'm sure others here will echo these sentiments.

Last edited:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
No joke...

Really sorry to hear dude.

Hope you're coping OK and don't be too hard on yourself.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I don't know you on a personal level or what you're dealing with. I've never dealt with that as a married man. I have as a kid. It's not a good situation if they are not the priority.

Please, if I can give you any advice - make damn sure the kids know it's not their fault, and plan to support them with additional counseling in their teenage years if you are able. Think of that as the best investment you will ever make in them as people. Trust me, growing up being told it was my fault and finding out the real truth when I was an adult shattered my entire sense of self and has left scars that will never fade in full.

And second only to that - take care of yourself. Drugs/alcohol are not the answer. Find purpose in small successes that are manageable and save the huge ambitions for a time where you are comfortable with your situation.

You're not alone in this by any means.
Thanks. Yeah, I am going to do everything in my power to make sure the kids know it isn't their fault. I've been trying to keep a brave face for them for ages now and laud attention and love on them because their mom hasn't.

I am 6 years sober and the last 2 years were a big test, but I stayed the course. I don't use drugs beyond pot gummies and microdosing mushrooms (for anxiety).

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
No joke...

Damn man, that’s brutal, happy you’re getting at least some sort of distraction from all the personal and family issues that are going on.

I hope they win this one for you even more tonight man

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
No joke...

Hope for the best for you and your family. Take care of yourself, and keep being a great Dad to those kids.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I thought the Canucks looked a bit gassed in the latter half of Sundays game...Conversely, its not really sustainable for the Oilers to keep playing McD and Draisaitl for half an hour each game.

Canucks are the more physical team, and the outside noises in Edmonton are chiding the team for not matching the Canucks physicality..To be honest, I don't think they have the players to match Miller,Z,Joshua,Soucy.

The Canucks are getting horrendously outshot..Having to have the goalie stand on his head every game is a bit worrisome.

Fingers crossed, hope they win tonight.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

2:20 to 6:10 of this video is an incredible pump up. The whole thing is great but the section i outlined would be an incredible game intro

Beating chest and drums Beating tired bones again
Age old battle, mine Weapon out and belly in
Tales told of battles won Of things we've done....Caligula would grin
Beating tired bones Tripping through remember when
Once invinceable Now the armours wearing thin....Heavy shield down
Warrior...Strugglin...To remain...Relevant
Warrior...Strugglin ...To remain...Consequential
Cry aloud, Bold and proud
O' where i've been But here i am....Where i end

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I would keep aman in, I thought he was really valuable on the pk.

I’m indifferent on whether hogs or karlsson plays

Totally agree on Aman.

Karlsson looked surprisingly confident, composed, and in the right places when I noticed him. I was also impressed with how he didn't make any missteps or mistakes that I noticed. I wouldn't be opposed to Hoglander coming back in for him but I kind of think Karlsson has been the better player. This is a decision where the coach needs to gauge practice effort, confidence, opposition, coachability, etc. So I'll be okay with the coaches decision on that one.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
No joke...

awww frig man sorry to hear that's a tough one.

most of my friends have or are going through it. Tough world to navigate these days and stay cohesive and happy.
You've been a ton of laughs and good posts here brother keep your head up and try to stay positive. I would say keep your stick on the ice but now that your single you can shove that stick wherever you want.....just not here lol

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Need to keep Karlsson in the line-up. Garland gave him the game puck last game. Who hands out the puck next if you win? You don’t mess with the hockey gods that way.

Also, I think Garland knew what he was doing giving the puck to who he did. Players recognized Karlsson was playing the right way—and implicitly that the player he was replacing was not

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
If Hoglander gets back in, it should be for Lafferty. Hoglander had a ton of success from the bottom 6, and we haven't really been getting much production from that line.

Give Karlsson and Aman in. Both earned another cap.

That Petey video above made me equal parts pumped and sad. At this point, if he keeps playing good defense AND we keepeinning, it is what it is I guess.

SopelFanThe3rd, sorry to hear bro. Get your support system in line now. Know who you can talk to, whether that's parents, friends, or even someone on these boards. Your emotions are going to go through a wringer, and having some idea who you are going to reach out to when you are in a valley can make a big difference.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Take out Lafferty and put Hogs in. 4th line role but Lafferty is doing nothing. Perhaps Hogs can actually get in on the forecheck.
I like this too, then he can work his way back up the lineup. I admit I didn't think he was playing that bad, but clearly the coach did.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Please, if I can give you any advice - make damn sure the kids know it's not their fault, and plan to support them with additional counseling in their teenage years if you are able. Think of that as the best investment you will ever make in them as people. Trust me, growing up being told it was my fault and finding out the real truth when I was an adult shattered my entire sense of self and has left scars that will never fade in full. My parents were incredibly selfish people that put themselves first, and part of that was displacing blame onto their eldest.

You're not alone in this by any means. Stay strong.
Great Post and advice. Respect

Reactions: BenningHurtsMySoul

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
No joke...

that totally sucks, sorry dude

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
No joke...

Been there, done that. It sucks but life will get better if you let it. Good luck.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
No joke...

Sorry to hear that bud.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad