GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
I do believe as of Game 2 the Oilers had scouted something in Soucy that they have been trying to take advantage of.

Specifically, they seem to believe if they pressure him he is bound to rush and make bad decisions. Attacking forwards are skating towards him and defenders are pressuring him at the point.

It’s already led to two goals against.

I think that is what you were describing with Soucy. I still think he is a greater presence with that game plan going against him than Juulsen.

That's totally fair. Not having him at all was probably a bit harsh, given replacements.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Of course they suspended Soucy.

Frankie needs to get out there and lobby the league. Sure they suspend Soucy but have to let them know that all those other non-calls were bullshit. I'm convinced that if other teams (*cough*Jacobs*cough*) can influence the league, why the f*** don't we do the same?

Also, if you're billionaire why not call up Gerry and yell at him for a good solid 10 minutes even just to get a bit of catharsis? It can't get worse than it already is, and has been for the team vs the league.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Here I am, steaming from Soucy's one game suspension, and decide to go to HF Oil to have some laughs.

But no, they are even more mad than me at the one game suspension, they think Soucy deserves more, and Zadorov too.

I get homerism, league is a joke, but HF Oil is something else.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

Posted on main board but posting here for shit and giggles

Best part about tweet like this is that the oilers have no answer to it

Canucks are bigger and stronger

What is Kane or Perry gonna do when Zadorov, Myers, Joshua, Juulsen and even Cole are on the ice?:laugh:

Darnel Nurse? He lost a fight to Bo Horvat :laugh:

I read this as what is Katy Perry going to do ... probably more than the Kane, Perry or the Oilers.

• Haha
Reactions: M2Beezy

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

Frankie needs to get out there and lobby the league. Sure they suspend Soucy but have to let them know that all those other non-calls were bullshit. I'm convinced that if other teams (*cough*Jacobs*cough*) can influence the league, why the f*** don't we do the same?

Also, if you're billionaire why not call up Gerry and yell at him for a good solid 10 minutes even just to get a bit of catharsis? It can't get worse than it already is, and has been for the team vs the league.

Gary Bettman doesn't like blueberries.

Reactions: mossey3535

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Don Frankie doesn't take too kindly to bad news. Say.... Gary has that fantastic thoroughbred race horse right?

giphy.gif

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Juulsen after his strides this season isn't so much worse per se. But like Myers he's been prone to sudden catastrophic gaffes. A lot of those have been because he's chasing hits. And unlike Myers, he hasn't earned himself some rope this post season.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I'm assuming Juulsen will be on the PK, stepping in for Soucy. If he keeps things simple, wins battles along the boards and blocks shots, it might work okay. But can't help feeling nervous...

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I forgot Friedman is also an option not sure how he would be on the pk but he has playoff experience as well playing with the penguins.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Posted on main board but posting here for shit and giggles

Best part about tweet like this is that the oilers have no answer to it

Canucks are bigger and stronger

What is Kane or Perry gonna do when Zadorov, Myers, Joshua, Juulsen and even Cole are on the ice?:laugh:

Darnel Nurse? He lost a fight to Bo Horvat :laugh:

What I love about this is all that accomplishes is getting himself suspended. So... sure. Jump the bench. If Kane wants to go at Hughes, Zadorov is more than happy knocking his ass right back onto the bench.

Joshua broke his hand pummeling the shit out of a guy. Bet he's shaking like a leaf at big bad Evander Kane or old man Corey Perry. :laugh:

And if they take a run at Pettersson. I mean... okay? He's not scoring anyway. Sorry, Petey.

Just remember guys and gals. It's the Canucks who bitch and complain about the refs and the league. The Oilers though? They'd never do that.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, can't help but feel like the league will be pushing to extend this series.

Hopefully the boys come out pissed instead of scared of getting punished for being physical
This is the fear they could bring Sutherland back in to even out the series.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Just popping in to say f*** this corrupt league. Theres been so many dangerous stuff this playoffs that werent even called let alone got a call or meeting. Soucy was cross checking him in the chest but McDavid was hit from behind by Zadorov. So Zadorov is the main culprit, but also McDavid dove the instant he felt the cross check. Oh but you want to protect the star players? Wheres the justice for Petey and Hughes? Other teams stars, friggin Marchand even?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad