GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The language used there seemed deliberate to dodge a hyman suspension.

“Forceful” “draws stick back”

Hyman also had his stick high (actually much higher), made contact with the face, it was after the game ended so it’s not a hockey play.

But I wouldn’t say it was forceful or that he drew his stick back. Though the latter seems like some weird thing to nitpick

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I am okay with the 1 game for Soucy. Hyman should get something even a fine 50k and if it was payable to me I would be happy with that.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Come on y'all, everyone saw this coming once the media blitz started. Just crush them in Game 4 and tear out their hearts.

NHL is bush league, no surprise there smh

Zadorov can get his own revenge and continue to live rent free in the Oilers heads too.

zaddy dreams.jpg

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Absolute garbage decision. Disgraceful.

Their bias could not be more obvious if they shouted it from the rooftops.

Honestly I'm a bit impressed with the DOPS showing restraint - they could've VERY easily spun this as a 2-3 game suspension, and over charged Soucy with the whole truckload, because the refs themselves are a bunch of pathetic cock suckers who allowed basically the entire 23-24 playoff get completely out of control, with shit like Bennett's sucker punch on the rat, and McDavid slashing Hughes' face.

But this is an EXTREMELY low standard lol.

Reactions: drax0s

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
From the suspension video: "forceful, high, two handed cross check that makes direct contact with the player's head. This is crosschecking".

Ok so, Hyman will surely be suspended 1 game as well.

Soucy’s stick wasn’t really “high” by definition, it was chest level, but whatever the biggest piss off isn’t the already known fact the DOPS is a bunch of idiots, it’s the inconsistency across other plays even recently, let alone historically.

Skirbs1110

Jul 7, 2022
Can't he appeal the suspension? potentially allows him to play tomorrow.

Then most likely miss game 5 on home ice while up 3-1 and edmonton in full meltdown mode

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
  • Haha
Reactions: rea and Nucker101

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Then most likely miss game 5 on home ice while up 3-1 and edmonton in full meltdown mode

Players don't get to play while an appeal is ongoing - and the appeal takes forever. Best case would be a moral victory, and that wouldn't be worth much in the end.

The suspension is probably fair for the act. When put into the context of other shit that gets allowed (including Hyman on Zadorov seconds later), it just becomes difficult to swallow because there is no internal consistency in DOPS.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I believe appeals means he sits out still until it's resolved so it's pointless for shorter suspensions, I think the player recoups salary lost but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad