GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
What's kinda wild to me is that there was a lot of bravado from the Oilers over how Kane/Perry/etc will mulch the soft-as-baby-shit Canucks and how they were going to carry the physical play, and they're falling apart like 2-ply over what's honestly some rather innocuous chippy play that was instigated by them.

It's such a bizarre situation to be in and I sorta stand by my comments on how the current-era Oilers reminds me of the WCE-era Canucks.

That Hyman play is worse and if Soucy gets suspended and Hyman not there should be a riot.

Errrrrrrrrrr....

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
That Hyman play is worse and if Soucy gets suspended and Hyman not there should be a riot.
Disagree. The crosscheck to McDavid is not hockey. It's worse than McSorley on Brashear and Bertuzzi on Moore.

McDavid was in a vulnerable position and Soucy aimed his stick at McDavids face with such force.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
And that's a pretty big difference this time around compared to Rome. Rutherford is old boys club. Gillis wasn't. I expect Rutherford will be lawyering pretty damn hard during the hearing. Especially given Soucy has one suspension in his career 3 years ago.

Hyman crosscheck is the same and likely worse. After the whistle play like Soucy but Hyman was intentionally going for the face.

Gillis whined to the media in round 1 against Chicago. When shit hit the fan in the Finals, he got no sympathy

Rutherford and Tocchet in our back pocket is better than Gillis with AV.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Did Hyman even get a hearing? LMFAO
No announcement and fine announced like they did for Zadorov and Soucy so I doubt he gets anything at all.

If Zadorov milked it then maybe he Hyman gets hit with a $5K

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Good to hear, I suspected as much. McDavid can eat a bucket of shit and choke on it.

Though I feel that next game he'll again put on a stellar performance and we'll be home with a 2-2 split. Not gonna be upset if that happens.

Early on in his career he did have a bit of a reputation as a whiner and a pretty boy, although I wouldn't say that they were widespread or commonplace.

I'd say the best comparable in the modern era would be Crosby, in terms of personality et al.

This is a hilarious take and example of what I was talking about:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
We very much win the Hyman/Soucy trade off by a landslide. I like Soucy a lot but he’s in a bad rut - probably playing through a lot of injuries - and tocchet will just play Zadorov and Hughes 50 minutes for a game if it’s close.

They can’t do the same. Maybe they rush Henrique back but regardless, it throws a wrench in the monstrous 5 man unit at evens/pp

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
What's gross is that you didn't see a single media member even mention the Hyman cross-check to the head.

Instead we've had 14 hours of nonstop crying about protecting stars, McBaby could have died, etc etc etc.

The bias toward the Oilers could not be more obvious from people who call themselves "reporters."

Reactions: TruKnyte

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
More beneficial to Canucks or Oilers if Hyman and Soucy both got 1 game?
I'd say Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad