GDT: WCSF GM 4 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Tue, May 14 | 6:30PM PST | SPAC | Thunderdome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
So if that crosscheck happens to, say, Janmark instead of McDavid, then it wouldn't matter?

Why is player safety only an issue with star players? Isn't the NHLPA supposed to advocate for all players in the league? Is McDavid even injured or is this just a knee-jerk reaction?

This is what annoys me. It's only because McDavid whines and cries so much as a star player they care. Meanwhile, let's just ignore Oiler fans defending Kane's bullshit.

Alright Oiler fans. We'll agree Soucy should sit a game... when you acknowledge so should Kane. Or how about we call it even when McBaby slaps Hughes in the face and that doesn't get called? No? Then sit your asses down and deal with it.

Reactions: ghostingtaro

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Relevant for the non-calls from game 2.

I still recall that, when I was questioning the NHL's credibility in their "wink wink nudge nudge you just gotta TRUST us" approach to holding refs...accou...accountable...

LMAO Sorry I really can't even say this shit with a straight face anymore...

Anyways...when I brought that up, it appears as though I was crazy to think that, when you give a bunch of zebras the ability to control the game and alter its outcome with ZERO transparency and ZERO responsibility, things can and will spiral out of control, based on how much the refs hate the team, how much they are paid off by other team, how spineless the refs are, and how long it takes for the refs to find their balls in their mothers' purses.

Now, to be fair, I know reffing is a hard job. Things happens at light speed, miss calls happen, bad calls happen, we're all human beings, mistakes are inevitable. I get it. But at the same time, when the league is unconditionally shielding the zebras from 100% of scrutiny, they are, to the outsiders' eyes, operating with ZERO repercussion when they screw up. I'm not saying what Sweeney suggesting is totally correct - have the refs in front of the media is, as much as I revel in the thought, not gonna end well. But there HAS to be something the public can see other than wink wink nudge nudge.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
If Soucy gets suspended for more than 1 game, that's honestly dogshit. And no fine for McDavid two-handing after the whistle is also dogshit.

Mostly, everything is dogshit. Especially now that I have to see Juulsen struggle to play at evens. Ugh.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
What's hilarious to me is just how much everyone else hates the Oilers. Even Bruin and Leaf fans want us to win. Which is just... weird. :laugh:

I think the entire infinite first overall picks for that sad sack team just rubs fans across the league the wrong way, and I totally get it.

It's pretty pathetic tbh.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
What's hilarious to me is just how much everyone else hates the Oilers. Even Bruin and Leaf fans want us to win. Which is just... weird. :laugh:

A fragile alliance of the enemy of my enemy, I'll take it all day, everyday.

I think in all seriousness, if McDavid had not whined so much, and instead just focus on punishing other teams after transgressions by scoring or a stellar shift of on-ice performance, he'll have much more support from places other than that miserable f***ing city of Edmonton where there's literally nothing besides hockey.
image.jpg

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If Soucy gets suspended for more than 1 game, that's honestly dogshit. And no fine for McDavid two-handing after the whistle is also dogshit.

Mostly, everything is dogshit. Especially now that I have to see Juulsen struggle to play at evens. Ugh.
It should be no suspension at all. I could see a fine.

Comparable actions (or worse) were all 1 game or less. This is the playoffs. Should translate to less punishment. But of course, McBabys*** got touched, so now is the only time DOPS will ever actually throw the rulebook at anyone.

Aside, main board mods are as soft as McWhiner. Kicking Canucks fans out of the thread for pointing out how delusional the suspension is.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I hate the NHL and their chickenshit discipline. Hope they remember to wipe the drool off their face after watching McDrai highlights before they make the suspension announcement. And F the media while we're at it, every friggin' year we're painted as the badguys yet nobody says shit about liberties taken against us. Next time hopefully somebody spears one of their guys in the balls or cuts their face open with a highstick.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
It should be no suspension at all. I could see a fine.

Comparable actions (or worse) were all 1 game or less. This is the playoffs. Should translate to less punishment. But of course, McBabys*** got touched, so now is the only time DOPS will ever actually throw the rulebook at anyone.

Aside, main board mods are as soft as McWhiner. Kicking Canucks fans out of the thread for pointing out how delusional the suspension is.
The fact that he's getting a phone hearing doesn't bode well, and really worries me. And it's absolute nonsense. Next home game chant should be "f*** you parros".

The worst part is seeing the national media get up in arms about McDavid getting cross-checked like he's some sort of f***ing god. This god complex stuff is infuriating. Stop babying this entitled child.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Crosscheck to the face of the best player in the league. After the game was over while also being crosschecked in the back by Zadorov. I don't see how he doesn't get at least one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad