GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
It’s so weird that every panel talks about how the Canucks are the underdogs and how they thought the oilers would just steam roll them. Did they not watch the regular season? Did they not look at the standings?
Has there ever been a series where the higher placed team was seen as the underdog? It’s f***ing bizarre

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
They upset we have too many AMERICANS on the team, I saw too much of those stupid memes on social media that Edmonton is "Canada's Team" and Vancouver is the evil "American" team.
That'll be the asterisk next to our Canadian Cup drought breaker.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Gadzic has actually been fairly partisan. Pretty balanced. But Simpson has been the total homer.

I don’t mind his takes, and he’s a good speaker - but he’s admitted his bias and was actually a teammate of some of these guys and doesn’t really hide it.

(And his opinion on the penalty wasn’t reprehensible - I was taking a jab at Spector saying only Canucks fans and media bitch about the officials)

Reactions: calnuck

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I could give a shit about this Canada’s Team nonsense. If anyone wants to cheer for the Canucks, great - all aboard the bandwagon. But I’m not losing sleep about people in Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec cheering for us or not because their team is out - especially not after 2011 when the whole country seemed to actively cheer against us.
I identify as a British Columbian anyways. So yeah, could really care less about the Canada’s team crap.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
It's happened before, some other poster had an entire list. Basically they are 100% to play but not really the same. Takes 1-2 seasons to recover fully.
So you would say no to a buyout then? October would be 2 seasons, so we'd have to gamble it a bit either way.

Reactions: mossey3535

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
This run has had so many epic moments already, it would feel like a waste to go out in the 2nd round.

Even if we do, we'd at least take our pound of flesh. There'd be nothing left for the Oil in the tank with mcdrai playing 30+ min a night.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Lindholm is so good.

Also from just a hockey fan persepctive this is so much better than the Nashville series.

Reactions: Peen

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
need a pic

1715571340258.jpeg

The video is out there somewhere on YT, I’m sure.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This is indisputable. If they had an actual team around them, they’d already be a dynasty. And even just on their own, they can be enough most nights. Just terrifying.
I remember hearing they were close to drafting Jake Oettinger over Yamamoto. They also missed big time on that Puljujarvi pick.

Imagine they drafted Tkachuk and had Oettinger in net? *shudder*

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Just got home.

Whats the TLDR up to this point?
Clench your buttcheeks it's going to be a scary 3rd. Lindholm and Brock two goal games. Skinner looks like garbage. Their PP is disgustingly good and they're due a PP any second now. They've hit a ton of posts, we barely survived the second. They whine like it's an Olympic event and they're going for the gold medal.

Reactions: wonton15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad