GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
No respect for Silovs from Simpson on that last play. “He had no idea where it was”….his blocker went right at the puck, which hit the post. I actually think he was in position to stop that if it was on net.

Great road period to start - not perfect, some close calls defensively, but a really nice start. Now come out and keep playing in the second and third.
He tracked the puck perfectly despite having like four guys dive on top of him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
He is, and that's just what you get from a 23 year old 3rd stringer playing in the semifinals. He plays a very sporadic style

Heck, DeSmith plays pretty erratic too, as do most backups. When you don’t have your starter, it shows. But Silovs is doing what he can to give us a chance.

Massive play by Hughes on that one scramble to sweep it back under him.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Keep on firing, don't hold the lead.
We need to get more goals and play some stellar defense.

Thats what im worried about, this team seems to sit back playing with the lead a bit to much at times. I know most teams will sit back, but the canucks do it quite a bit, and without demko thats dangerous.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I remember when we got Miller there were some fans of other teams making fun of his 3 goals and 24 points in 60 playoff games up to that point

He has 29 points in 26 playoff games with us

Toooooo be faaaaaair...

Miller is an example of an exceedingly rare player who is peaking in his late 20s/early 30s. Very much a late bloomer who had to learn to control his emotions.

You can't acquire/sign players like him, they are almost never available.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Good period. Got some major puck luck that period and a bit of help from the refs (we'll take it) but I like the way we're playing. As long as we keep attacking I like our chances. Skinner is rattled and doesn't look like he can make the big save to keep them in it, just gotta keep firing it and he'll give up more. The start of the 2nd feels like it's going to be on Oiler onslaught we can't take any dumb penalties and let them back in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad