GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Just like earlier in the season when we were the ultimate PDO kings, I hope we come out roaring in the first, take an early lead and then PDO our way to a victory.

Or, just win differently, I don't give a f***.

But I'd love to blitzkreig these assholes for once.

I want patience and puck management. If VAN plays that way it won't matter if they're down 2 goals, they'll have a shot to get back in.

Play the way that won you 5 of 6 games against EDM.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

Here's a solid re-cap of all the missed calls. The missed spearing major, the missed double-minor on McDavid, the pair of boards (both teams with one), and that slewfoot by Kane are the worst. f*** Kelly Sutherland and the horse he rode in on.

you Missed Nurse on Pettersson.

Reactions: Red

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
I want patience and puck management. If VAN plays that way it won't matter if they're down 2 goals, they'll have a shot to get back in.

Play the way that won you 5 of 6 games against EDM.

Yeah. I know Nashville's team doesn't match up to the 'offensive talent' of Edmonton, but the way we handled the puck in our zone (particularly GM 6) was a thing of beauty.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Canucks have a good game tonight.
The pressure is all on Edmonton to dominate.

I think they chase Skinner out of the net. 5 goals on 14 shots in the first 30 minutes.

Lafferty has a big game. The Oilers attack Zadorov and the refs let the boys play.
They need Miller to erupt soon.

Last edited:

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
you Missed Nurse on Pettersson.
The two boards being Nurse on Pettersson and Myers on Janmark.

Go Panthers yes I know Canucks game thread but damn hate Bruins !
Completely ignoring the 2011 series, I hate the Bruins more for how their fans (and coach, for that matter, blaming the victim) reacted to Marchand low-bridging Salo that effectively ended his career. That entire incident was an absolute stain.

Last edited:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Karlsson in for Hoglander.
Aman for Di Giuseppe.

Tocchet wants chippy players that continually move their feet, hopefully the coaching decision pans out well

Last edited:

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Completely ignoring the 2011 series, I hate the Bruins more for how their fans (and coach, for that matter, blaming the victim) reacted to Marchand low-bridging Salo that effectively ended his career. That entire incident was an absolute stain.
Marchand is dirty SOB who deserved whatever Bennett did to him intentionally or not !

Reactions: JimmyJiveJones

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
I'm not opposed to giving Karlsson a shot but I would've thought they'd try Podkolzin first.

Aman would have to be a last resort at this point.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Our Norris winner shouldn't be getting less minutes than opposing forwards...

Hughes and Hronek should absolutely be the D matchup against the McDavid line, IMO.

The number of times I see them out there babysitting the fourth line, and breakout plays dying on the sticks of the forwards, is very frustrating.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I'm not opposed to giving Karlsson a shot but I would've thought they'd try Podkolzin first.

Aman would have to be a last resort at this point.

Tocchet probably values the fact that Aman can play C and PK, both which Podz cant.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Podkolzin isn’t playing because the coaching staff pretty clearly lost some confidence in him after his disasterclass in the last game of the season vs. Winnipeg where he was completely out-of-position all game and got scored on 3 times.

And I get it. We’re incredibly system-based right now and you need 18 guys pulling the same direction .

Karlsson is a smarter system player and has better hands/offensive IQ to play with Pettersson.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Podkolzin isn’t playing because the coaching staff pretty clearly lost some confidence in him after his disasterclass in the last game of the season vs. Winnipeg where he was completely out-of-position all game and got scored on 3 times.

And I get it. We’re incredibly system-based right now and you need 18 guys pulling the same direction .

Karlsson is a smarter system player and has better hands/offensive IQ to play with Pettersson.
I wouldn't base any decisions on the Winnipeg game, to me that was a throwaway.

But I agree our systems play is everything right now and it's clear they've seen things they don't like from Podz.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I want to see more slapper setups like Z’s goal in game 1 I feel like our top 3 lines should be capable of setting those up.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

Exactly.

Will be getting about 10 minutes off ice time. Say 600 seconds.

Even if Podz is better for 590, it's the other 10 seconds that can make or break you. Hockey is not a game of 60 minutes, it's a game of 3600 seconds

Reactions: Vector

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Main boards are a wreck come playoff time, I stay away from that mess.

No doubt, I don't blame you. I never seen this year Norris winner "If not corrupted" Quinn Hughes get so little respect. Getting called a diver, faker and what not by Oiler fans. It's absolute bullshit. You know if it were vise versa Hughes highsticking king McDavid, they'd be calling for heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad