GDT: WCSF | GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sunday, May 12th | 6:30PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Generally this is how I should feel, but I am too scarred to not prepare for the worst.

PTSD is part of the package of being a Canucks fan, it’s true. :laugh: It clashes pretty consistently with my glass half full outlook on life. One of my friends wrote in my high school yearbook “keep up that irrepressible good mood”. I’ve just got to believe in these guys!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Posted this GIF here before game 4, and 6 of the Nashville series..2 for 2...lets try it again.

fingers-crossed.gif

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Spector is a f***ing clown, as if the Oilers aren't whining and bitching to the refs every second.

As a ref that would piss me off, not sure why they get calls. It's not like it shuts them up.

Yeah, I was pissed that the JPat tweet had Spector quoted. :laugh: He’s such a hack, and I hate giving him any sort of circulation. He even tried to say he wanted the Canucks to win in 2011 (we’ve got the receipts, you goof) and then denigrated the towel power tradition - as if more than half the NHL hasn’t bastardized and appropriated towel power for their own use.

A weak writer stretching for material to fill out another weak column. But I guess he’d already written enough puff pieces about the Canucks having no chance against McDavid and his 18-foot dick.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
To anyone suggesting refs are sane, unbiased and good at their jobs I have one response: Tim Peel

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

No Sutherland tonight, thank goodness.

Its bizarre how Spector launches in to this narrative, while every hockey fan coast to coast witnessed:

a) Nurse boarding Pettersson , it was a miracle Pettersson got up...No call.

b) Hughes clearly high sticked, and bleeding..Should have been 4 minutes..Imagine the outcry if McDavid had been cut..?

c) A clear, very dangerous slew foot by Kane on Hughes.

Reactions: mossey3535

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Its bizarre how Spector launches in to this narrative, while every hockey fan coast to coast witnessed:

a) Nurse boarding Pettersson , it was a miracle Pettersson got up...No call.

b) Hughes clearly high sticked, and bleeding..Should have been 4 minutes..Imagine the outcry if McDavid had been cut..?

c) A clear, very dangerous slew foot by Kane on Hughes.

He’s just trolling. If those situations were reversed, he wouldn’t have been able to print a column through the tear stains.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The amount of people outside of Vancouver who don't understand the lore behind Roger Neilson and the white flag... and just refuse to do the tiniest bit of research.

I mean - it’s Spector. I can’t recall many (any?) other opposing press types who write the kind of nonsense he does.

I suppose Simmons in Toronto?

Reactions: mossey3535

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
They keep targeting hughes.
On top of getting hughes off his game, I I think oilers want canucks to retaliate back on their captain Mcdavid knowing refs will call some penalties if mcdavid gets hit in anyway ( ie suter penalty on mcdavid) and hope they get some powerplays out of it.

Oilers at least know to play to their advantage. Canucks need to be smarter in game 3

Anyways canucks must win game 3 and dont give edmonton full momentum. Win game 3 and split is already in the card but has a chance to go back home up 3-1 if they win game 4 as well

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
They keep targeting hughes.
On top of getting hughes off his game, I I think oilers want canucks to retaliate back on their captain Mcdavid knowing refs will call some penalties if mcdavid gets hit in anyway ( ie suter penalty on mcdavid) and hope they get some powerplays out of it.

Oilers at least know to play to their advantage. Canucks need to be smarter in game 3

Anyways canucks must win game 3 and dont give edmonton full momentum. Win game 3 and split is already in the card but has a chance to go back home up 3-1 if they win game 4 as well
This is the exact reason canucks should be targeting not only McDavid/ Drai but Bouchard as well and Ekholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad