GDT: WCSF | GM 2 | Colorado Avalanche at Dallas Stars | 8:30PM CT | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That’s a legal hit…and that’s why hockey has such a hard time attracting & retaining new fans :-/

Oh well, the league staying unpopular keeps ticket prices down

Reactions: Summer Rose

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
It’s technically legal under the rules but if the league was serious about CTE they’d go after head contact more than they do

It’s the right call to not give the major based on the way the rules are written but I can’t stand guys with reckless disregard for other players heads like that
It’s a slippery slope. Chytil got concussed on a regular hit, it’s not always obvious which hits will cause problems. Once you start down that path, might as well just go watch the European leagues

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
There are no players in the NHL I fear more when they get the puck than Mackinnon and Makar. Not even McDavid puts fear in me like they do.

I think it's because for McDavid he passes away like 90% of the time when he dances. Makar and MacKinnon take the puck to the net for their chaos they cause and every Avs player on the ice then converges on that spot

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
That’s hockey baby, welcome to the show
Yup, gotta keep your head up. They've been pretty consistent with this, as long as they keep it up, I'm good. They called the Rags/Caps series the same way, I just wish Wilson would've thrown a few of these to really test the NHL on their consistency.

Reactions: Summer Rose

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
It’s a slippery slope. Chytil got concussed on a regular hit, it’s not always obvious which hits will cause problems. Once you start down that path, might as well just go watch the European leagues
Yea, but let’s not kid ourselves. Even when it’s clean - Taking that much sudden force knocks the brain around the skull.

It’s why over the middle hits were taken out of the NFL.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I'm the first to complain that the NHL doesn't take head injuries seriously enough and that head shots in general are not punished severely enough.

With that said, I'm having a hard time figuring out how this could have been a penalty. According to current rules, clearly not a penalty. And I don't really see how we could design new rules that would make this an illegal hit. Unless we give penalties based on results only, regardless of the actual play.

In other words, good call.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Oooo wah ah ah ah

dog-cupcake.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad