GDT: WCSF | GM 1 | Colorado Avalanche at Dallas Stars | 8:30PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I watched far too many Avs games this year. Was so predictable honestly
Agreed, I wasn't even upset being down 0-3. This years team reminds me of the 1983 NC State Wolf Pack. Play way better when losing.

Reactions: 333359

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
People know that wasn't game 7 right? Even if they go back and change the rules to call back the goal, the saves still had to win that. Plus another game
giphy.gif

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I picked Colorado-Florida for a cup final when the playoffs began. I'm not sold on Florida just yet but Colorado looks like a team on a mission

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I don’t think, nor should he have expected miles to just blow passed the team’s best d-‘an like that. He was protecting the short side.

I wouldn't expect it either, but it was clear already at the circles that's what was happening. Based on Wood's reaching to protect the puck, the only threat from him is exactly what we saw--a cut across to the backhand. Instead Otter is deep and scrunched up on the near post like it's his teddy bear. It's just poor goaltending. It's what Colorado should be struggling with, not Dallas. Dallas can't afford those mistakes.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I wouldn't expect it either, but it was clear already at the circles that's what was happening. Based on Wood's reaching to protect the puck, the only threat from him is exactly what we saw--a cut across to the backhand. Instead Otter is deep and scrunched up on the near post like it's his teddy bear. It's just poor goaltending. It's what Colorado should be struggling with, not Dallas. Dallas can't afford those mistakes.
Just wanted to make the big fancy cross crease save instead of a simple poke check that could make you look foolish.

Reactions: flyfysher

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Josh Manson with the save of the game. Had Colorado scored to get their 4th goal in the 1st period, I think Dallas wins it.
That and the one big save George had to make in ot.

Dallas was all over in ot but not a lot of their work paid off in actual shots.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
This a good take, he never came out of his crease? attack the shooter, there is already back checking pressure.........

Reactions: DieselPig

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
After going up 3-0 on two relatively lucky deflections (one via 5-on-3) Dallas only had 16 shots the rest of the way. Avs defend well when they want to. And it's the only way they will win.
I think you're confusing defending well with the Stars being happy to sit back.
They tried to turtle it was pretty obvious they came out with no energy and they just played a series where they could have coasted to the finish line with a 3-0 lead. It bit them in the ass. But they were very clearly trying to coast on the 3-0

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad