GDT: [WCSF GAME 7] | Edmonton Oilers @ Anaheim Ducks | 5.10.17 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
History will repeat itself once again tonight. Kesler's Nucks choked so many times too; their whole team is built on the backs of chokers.

uh-oh, not scarlet. She's been bad luck! lol

I wouldn't call 4-3 (I think) bad luck and it would take a higher power to avoid the California-refereeing catastrophe and *insert a long list of excuses to defend my beautiful Scarlett.* Oh and she was 4-0 whenever​ I summoned​ her first. :sarcasm:

For extra insurance the other "Scarlett" is still flawless (2 victories and counting: :naughty:

dl5tSYn.png

Last edited:

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Has there been any confirmation on lines and D pairings?

Nah, and we didn't find out last game's until right when it started. Biggest confirmation I've seen is that Klefbom is expected to play and Drai and McDavid are likely going to center their own lines again.

Maybe later on in the day.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'd settle for a game of nothing but "off the glass and out" and "get to center and dump it in" from RNH and Eberle.

If you want to win a best of 1, they're not the guys you're relying on. If they try to do too much it'll just end up in turn overs.

But, again, they can feel free to put up a hat trick on the power play.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Nah, and we didn't find out last game's until right when it started. Biggest confirmation I've seen is that Klefbom is expected to play and Drai and McDavid are likely going to center their own lines again.

Maybe later on in the day.

Yeah, that's what I assume too.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
He also has a LOT more experience than Reinhart

Also, Sekera has been playing scared the last couple of games before going down. Bringing in fresh new and big bodies could have contributed to us winning 7-1. Not saying Reinhart and Gryba are good but enough for 1-2 games. The Ducks didn't even know what hit them until it was too late. Hopefully the same happens tonight

Pitlick slotting in for Ebs would be perfect

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
Well gentlemen, my stomach feels like it is being squeezed by Thor. I am so nervous. Regardless of what happens, I am so proud and happy of this team. I have enjoyed this ride with you all!!

Go win this one boys!!!!!

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I wish we weren't in a position to rely on either Reinhart or Gryba but here we are. Hopefully whichever one gets in does a good job.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
this is going to be awesome, i forgot how awesome games 7s can be. the pressure is all on the ducks at home. the oilers just have to play their game and they have better than not chances to win.

netzpretz78

Jun 27, 2016
For D Pairings, do you keep top 4 the same as last game, then make Klefbom/Gryba as bottom pairing - at least for the start to ease Klefbom back in?

what I liked about the Nurse/Larsson pairing....Larsson is good enough to stay back and recover from when Nurse jumps in the play.

Gryba....not so sure he's great back there by himself if Nurse jumps in.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
For D Pairings, do you keep top 4 the same as last game, then make Klefbom/Gryba as bottom pairing - at least for the start to ease Klefbom back in?

what I liked about the Nurse/Larsson pairing....Larsson is good enough to stay back and recover from when Nurse jumps in the play.

Gryba....not so sure he's great back there by himself if Nurse jumps in.

i hope this is how it goes.

Nurse-Larsson looked pretty good as did Russell-Benning..
I dont want to see Nurse-Benning or Nurse-Gryba anymore.

Larsson-Gryba sounds like a solid pairing. Klefa gets additional PP minutes and Gryba can get some PK time.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Haven't had nerves like this as a fan for a long time.
I just want their best effort again and if that happens I know we can win this.
The NHL playoffs is always about good stories. Nashville and Edmonton will make a great story. Then it's going to be all about Crosby/McDavid. Even though I don't think Crosby's head is right and Washington has the momentum right now. Washington and Edmonton would be the best series and eventual best story. The NHL will get what it wants; not Ottawa and Nashville.

Jun 9, 2011
Not sure what to think. To settle my nerves I try to remember that last year I knew the names of all the top 5 prospects and was searching for their details, this year I have no idea who is there, except a kid from Mooseheads and Nolan Patrick (whose name seems backwards).

GO :edmonton GO!

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
The NHL playoffs is always about good stories. Nashville and Edmonton will make a great story. Then it's going to be all about Crosby/McDavid. Even though I don't think Crosby's head is right and Washington has the momentum right now. Washington and Edmonton would be the best series and eventual best story. The NHL will get what it wants; not Ottawa and Nashville.

The NHL told ANA to pull their goalie and score 3 goals on Oilers?
and then they told Gibson to leave his 5 hole open so when Drai whiffs on a shot it goes in?

NHL makes bad calls on occasions but are certainly not "getting what it wants".

EDM-OTT final is what I am hoping for.

NHL probably wanted CHI-WSH final.

Duck Guy

May 7, 2017
Good Luck tonight hopefully there are no stupid calls and both teams show up and give us a stressful/fun game 7:cry::cry:

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
The NHL told ANA to pull their goalie and score 3 goals on Oilers?
and then they told Gibson to leave his 5 hole open so when Drai whiffs on a shot it goes in?

NHL makes bad calls on occasions but are certainly not "getting what it wants".

EDM-OTT final is what I am hoping for.

NHL probably wanted CHI-WSH final.
I get what you're​ saying and I'm not suggesting they interfere...that much.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Gut's twisted up in knots. Nervous as heck.

(In the Oilers, not the NHL)

Win tonight, and give the NHL, and California, the middle finger.

Let's do it.

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton

Both teams are very good. Neither fanbase should be throwing in the towel, even considering previous failures. If the past was indicative of the present or future, the Oilers would not be here.

Let's hope for a good game. Ill hope for an Oiler's win, and you hope for a Duck's win. The winning group should be humble, and the losing group proud of what their team has done.

Go Oilers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad