WCSF Game 5 | Edmonton @ Anaheim | 7:30 PM PT | SN, TVAS, NBCSN PT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Would.love to know the refs reaction when he sees the tying goal and sees Kesler holding Talbots pad well after Nurse has stopping pushing Kesler. No way that 10 second review was enough to see more than one or two quick replays.

How about playing that at normal speed you can't judge these things on slo mo

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I think Oiler fans just aren't used to watching playoff hockey but that scramble in front of the net is what it's all about.

Kesler is soooo clutch !!

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Solid post-game by Maclellan. Calls it what it is, doesn't assign blame. Credits the Ducks. I used to let my dislike of the Sharks not let me look objectively at him, but I gotta give the guy credit where it's due.

Well, if he was being really honest, he would have shouldered some blame himself. His in-game coaching has left a lot to be desired.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'll say this as an outsider for this series. The only reason I was ok with the Ducks tying goal being called a good goal, is because it gave me more hockey to watch.

However I can see how Oilers fan would be upset with that call, I know I would be if that had been the Blues. However I'll also say that it shouldn't have gotten to the point where there was even a tying goal, and again I'd also be mad if that were the Blues.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Watch it again in real time.

Kesler gets pushed into Talbot. His hand and stick get tangled in Talbot's pads when he falls down. Nurse is right behind him pushing him. He has nowhere to go...

In real time or half speed doesn't change the fact that Nurse had gotten up and hadn't touched Kesler for a while before the goal was scored. He could have easily stopped pulling on Talbots pad.

theripper

Jan 22, 2010
Vancouver
this oilers team still has a lot to learn. blaming refs instead of blaming themselves for ******** the bed. it should not have even gotten to the point. and the ducks even won in OT, so you still had a chance to right the wrong you felt you were dealt.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yup, the referees gifted them the games.

Just ignore the fact that in both games, they were outshot 103-70. That's not important.

Is this the thread where we pretend score effects don't exist? I love those ones. Lets me know how many people never took a stats class.

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
Yeah, it was. He held it together pretty good.

Rumour on another site that he was actually crying in the hallway before going into the room?

No idea, but I never follow rumours. I wouldn't blame him for being a bit emotional though. That's a hard loss to go through.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Is Lucic actually crying? This guy has to be the biggest baby in all of pro-sports. What an idiot.

Oct 18, 2011
Did Nurse force Kesler to tie up Talbot's pad? It doesn't matter that Nurse pushed him in, because Kesler was still responsible for his own actions once he was there. The logical fallacy is strong in SoCal.
Actually it very much matters what Nurse was doing according to the rules.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
A locker room full of players blaming their loss on the refs is not a locker room that's ready to win the cup.

Geez.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Is this the thread where we pretend score effects don't exist? I love those ones. Lets me know how many people never took a stats class.

All that matters is shots on net. The Sharks actually won the 1st round series against the Oilers according to many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad