GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He will prob play well and the team in front will be more defensive.

I find it hard to trash talk edmonton. It will come back to haunt us. Big game and edmonton will come out flying
Assume he goes .900sv%, we need 30-40 shots. It's gonna be a tough game, we need to step it up.

almo8989

May 10, 2011
This is part of why it's good to have a goalie prospect in the pipeline as a 2nd 3rd guy. There's no book on them.
I totally agree. You always need a prospect at minimum as your 3rd guy. The backup can always be a journeyman while the prospect develops, but it's key to always have one on the go. With Demko's injury history, Silovs has a shot at being the backup next season for the Canucks and continue to develop.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
There's your problem. You shouldn't be on Twitter, honestly you probably shouldn't be on here either, but Twitter is especially terrible.

HF is for hockey fans to talk about hockey, Twitter is for human beings to contribute to a lot of things they don't know much about.

"HF is for hockey fans to talk about hockey"
Haaaa. Half your ridiculous posters are here to antagonize and stir up shit.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
"HF is for hockey fans to talk about hockey"
Haaaa. Half your ridiculous posters are here to antagonize and stir up shit.

Being a troll is different than being stupid, the average HF poster stupid ratio is way better than Twitter stupid poster ratio

Non-hockey fans who happen to be from Vancouver or Edmonton don't find themselves here

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
No, in the final 20 minutes.

Edmonton got walloped last game, was great to watch.

Game 1. 7 shots in the final 40 minutes
Game 3. 7 high danger chances in the entire game

Edmonton has no answer for Vancouver outside of the PP
4 posts and 1 disallowed goal

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The Oilers faults doesn’t change the conspiracy being peddled by the Canucks side.

Not quite. The threads are public and it’s the opposite. Canuck fans were openly mocking a brutal play to the neck/head/spine of a player.

Again, not sure why everyone is getting butthurt.

Me stating that the coach, fans and now players are all peddling an anti-Canucks conspiracy is true. And embarrassing.
Fans of every team have dudes blaming the refs, that's just the reality of sports.
As for players and coaches using it that's bull - shit.
Tochett only ever called out the fact embellishment needs to get called he's right and that's a league wide issue.
The reffing has been an issue with both sides having a legit beef.
That call on Cole is a perfect example, he cross- checked an oilers and was called despite the fact the refs had rightfully let the less egregious ones go all night.

That scrum at the end tho is truly baffling when taking the whole of it into account.
Two cross checks to the face, one accidental and one not yet only one got a suspension and it was the accidental one, both should have gotten the same treatment at worst.
Zadorov gets a fine for a hit that was clearly not as viscous as the #97 infraction.
How is it possible that both nucks get punished yet neither oiler gets anything?
What possible rational is there for that?
How is a spearing to the groin not even a fine?
How do four officials all watching Quinn get high sticked right in front of them with clear evidence not huddle and get the right call made when that was clearly a pivotal moment?

Again the oilers have gripes as well but the incedents I pointed out go up and above the numerous missed calls on both sides.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
2 games for a cross-check to the lower back? That equals 8 regular season games lol

Nnnyyyyaaaa ok maybe 1
Anyway anyone wants to look at altercation it comes down to this -

Soucy & McD engage
Z comes in as third entity. Period.

Hit from behind
Intent to injure
Etc etc etc.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
What a shocker, the Nucks playing the league hates us victim card.....

Comes off more as indifference and just acknowledging that star players (across the league) are protected.

Zadorov seems to be a bit too emotional, especially during the games. Does anyone else gets vibes that he may do something stupid if the score gets out of hands?

We were warned about that with him from Flames fans, but he's been remarkably steady and consistent. I feel like this is grasping at straws here.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Nnnyyyyaaaa ok maybe 1
Anyway anyone wants to look at altercation it comes down to this -

Soucy & McD engage
Z comes in as third entity. Period.

Hit from behind
Intent to injure
Etc etc etc.
I don't think he intended to injure him, those cross-checks happen all the time in the playoffs. (I am biased tho)

Canadiancon

Jun 10, 2019
You mean the puck went in the net but no way to prove it? Consider the Nucks lucky in game 3.
4 posts and Oilers were dominating. If Skinner didn't suck, the outcome would be completely different.
“If Edmonton scored more the outcome would be different” lots of things could happen in any hockey game and the outcome would be different.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
You mean the puck went in the net but no way to prove it? Consider the Nucks lucky in game 3.
4 posts and Oilers were dominating. If Skinner didn't suck, the outcome would be completely different.

"If things weren't the same, they'd be different."

No kidding. And if the Oilers didn't game the draft lottery for multiple years causing the NHL to change how it works, they'd be in Houston.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I don't think he intended to injure him, those cross-checks happen all the time in the playoffs. (I am biased tho)
It's okay, I'm sure Dunny is equally appalled at all the elbows Messier threw over the course of his career.

Intent to injure, etc, etc.

No? Chippy play? Playoff hockey? QUELLE SURPRISE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad