GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You might be right that he would get more calls, but he would also probably be injured and not playing right now. I don't know if advising perhaps the most elusive player in the league to just "take the hits" is the most intelligent comment I've read lately.
He's turning his back to guys along the boards. That'll be more detrimental to his health than bracing himself.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
I don't know how to cut clips sadly. But with ~5-10 seconds to go at the end of the 1st. Myers smacks Hyman in the face right in front of the Canucks net.
If I'm remembering the play correctly, I don't think that was a high-stick

Reactions: Summer Rose

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Who and when did a Canuck embellish?
Zadorov literally had to get a talking to during the game. Hughes went down in a heap trying to draw a hook. The panel did a pack on them turning away from hits trying to draw calls.

Look, if you didn't watch the game this is not the place to look for a play-by-play recap.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
You're remembering the play incorrectly. I just rewatched it. As I said, I don't know how to cut clips, but he clearly hits him in the face when he's trying to lift a stick.
I'd rather not get into a he-said-she-said, that's why I asked for a clip.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
the too many men on Zadorovs goal was bad, they missed one on the Oil too in the 3rd

also didn't love them letting Myers put Hyman in a full on headlock behind the net when Silovs lost control of the puck

they had just called Hyman a few plays prior to that for holding a stick for 0.5 seconds then let that shit go.

cant believe Edmonton didnt score there, huge block by Miller
McDavid was blatantly tripped without the puck going into the Canucks zone, Ekholm's stick was slashed into the f***ing stands, McDavid was also tripped after his goal pretty blatantly, Kane tripped on first shift of game. The hold on Bouchard at the Nucks blueline that was basically the same thing RNH got called on. STFU Canucks fans about the reffing. You guys were net positive on the missed calls. The thing is if it's a parade to the penalty box for both teams the Oilers come out ahead every time. We've let in one PK goal all playoffs and our PP is at ~50%. It's in your best interest if the refs don't call shit and the league knows that.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Nurse and Ceci living up to their reputation again. I swear, my buttcheeks are clenched every single time they’re on the ice together.
Yet the pairing has somehow been a staple for 3 coaches now.

To be honest I think they're so bad that they're sewering the numbers of whichever forward line they're out with. Can't generate anything with those 2 out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad