GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
VAN out played EDM in game one for sure. I also have no dog in the fight but I don't consider VAN elite or a serious contender for the cup...I do with EDM
Takes more than 2-3 players to be serious Cup contenders. Oilers lack goaltending, defense, depth and team toughness. There's a reason a team that you don't consider a Cup contender made them look so inconsequential in game 1.

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
Takes more than 2-3 players to be serious Cup contenders. Oilers lack goaltending, defense, depth and team toughness. There's a reason a team that you don't consider a Cup contender made them look so inconsequential in game 1.
VAN doesn't have the goaltending and toughness either IMO but I will concede to the depth and blueline. Very solid and deep.

I don’t consider either the Canucks or Edmonton favourites to win the Cup. I consider them fairly equal teams with Demko out and expect a hard fought series.
I agree but TBH I dont see anyone getting past New York, and no I am not a Rangers fan....I am a sad Jets fan.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
VAN doesn't have the goaltending and toughness either IMO but I will concede to the depth and blueline. Very solid and deep.

I agree but TBH I dont see anyone getting past New York, and no I am not a Rangers fan....I am a sad Jets fan.
Van has the goaltending. Demko is a top 2 or 3 goalie.
Oilers lack the goaltending and D imo. You can’t win with Ceci-Nurse as your second pairing no matter how elite your top forwards are.

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
Van has the goaltending. Demko is a top 2 or 3 goalie.
Oilers lack the goaltending and D imo. You can’t win with Ceci-Nurse as your second pairing no matter how elite your top forwards are.
Vancouver had the goaltending. I think it's very optimistic to assume he will return in Allstar form. Just my uneducated two cents.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I agree. I don't consider Canucks serious contenders either. I think both these teams will/would be in trouble next round. Just pointing out how flawed the idea of Oilers as Cup contenders is based on their roster construction. And outside of their two offensive weapons, the rest of the Canucks' defense is HUGE.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
I agree. I don't consider Canucks serious contenders either. I think both these teams will/would be in trouble next round. Just pointing out how flawed the idea of Oilers as Cup contenders is based on their roster construction. And outside of their two offensive weapons, the rest of the Canucks' defense is HUGE.
But do they play big? Watching Tyler Myers on the Jets for years I'm not so sure...

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Why are Canuck fans complaining about Sutherland?

Is Scouting The Refs website not correct?

It shows that the Canucks are actually 2W 1L this year, with him as the ref. Oilers are 2W 4L with Sutherland as the official. Sutherland and both linesmen are from BC.

Based on that, Oiler fans should have more of a beef (pardon the pun) with the official assignment. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
VAN out played EDM in game one for sure. I also have no dog in the fight but I don't consider VAN elite or a serious contender for the cup...I do with EDM
Edmonton is a pretender (not very good playoff team that needs to push into contender status)

Vancouver is a bubble team (not a contender but can surprise you in a round)

Reactions: Angry Little Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad