GDT: WCSF - Game 2| Blues @ Avs| 8:30, TNT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I honestly feel like i watched a different game than everyone else. Everyone is talking about how the Blues outclassed the Avs, but i didnt see that. We adjusted and neutralized Colorado's speed, but there are so many times where i feel like we are barely hanging on. There is luck on every goal, but i feel that if Kempur is 5% better, we are talking about this game totally differently. Colorado's weakness is mental. Those 2 seemingly weak goals put a lot of pressure on the foundation, and it started to show some flaws. We took advantage, and didn't let up.

It was a good road game. Im happy we won. Im just wondering where my disconnect is.
Expected goals were 4.68 to 1.38 in favor of the Blues. It was a pretty dominating victory.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
my perspective -
the puck is going to a Blues player and he fumbled or flubbed it (physical errors)
Blues player sends the puck to the wrong spots on the ice or failed to manage it properly at bad spots on the ice (mental errors)
when that happens the player's teammates will either be going the wrong way or flat footed which makes you look slow
you wind up getting beat to all the loose pucks, lots of room for the other team to skate which makes it hard to defend
we did this A LOT the first game
we did not do this much the second game and suddenly we are the faster team to the loose pucks, we are in on their D pressuring them and the game looks completely different
Yes. I find it humorous that folks talk about how much faster Colorado is when they have guys like Manson and Johnson and others. Fast teams play smart and confident. It’s not about how quick they skate. When we are on we play fast. When we are off we don’t.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yes. I find it humorous that folks talk about how much faster Colorado is when they have guys like Manson and Johnson and others. Fast teams play smart and confident. It’s not about how quick they skate. When we are on we play fast. When we are off we don’t.
Those are the only 2 players in their lineup though that could be considered below average in speed. And they may not even be that, they may just be average. Every team in the league will have at least a couple guys like that; it’s impossible not to.

They are a very strong skating team and have a lot of speed. Their forward group consists of all good skaters, and then have Makar, Toews, Girard, etc on the backend.

I agree that it’s not just an issue of us being slower than them because ROR and Perron are still playing great and they aren’t fast so clearly there’s a lot more to it. But Colorado is absolutely extremely fast, top 3 in the league for sure and maybe #1.

Reactions: Meatball

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Those are the only 2 players in their lineup though that could be considered below average in speed. And they may not even be that, they may just be average. Every team in the league will have at least a couple guys like that; it’s impossible not to.

They are a very strong skating team and have a lot of speed. Their forward group consists of all good skaters, and then have Makar, Toews, Girard, etc on the backend.

I agree that it’s not just an issue of us being slower than them because ROR and Perron are still playing great and they aren’t fast so clearly there’s a lot more to it. But Colorado is absolutely extremely fast, top 3 in the league for sure and maybe #1.

Can't even hate. They're an unquestionably fast team.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
It's been working well though. Having 7 D better allows Faulk and Parayko to play 25ish minutes per night. Plus, the opposition can't prepare for who Berube decides to throw out there with Torpo and Bozak. A lot of times, he puts out a guy that needs extra opportunities to get engaged.
now that i think about it ... its genius .. who is going to slot in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad