GDT: WCSF Game 1: Preds at Sharks Old Man and the Sea Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
We look tired and they look fresh and I just don't see how we overcome that. Feels like Game 2 is is vital for us or we're out in 4 or 5. Also think that 1st goal was a backbreaker and Rinne should have that short-side covered up.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So what's the deal with Rinne at the end? Hutton finished the game and per Twitter Rinne talking to trainer.....

Please no...

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well I blame the loss on Smitty not playing. Hoping he is playing in the next game.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
So what's the deal with Rinne at the end? Hutton finished the game and per Twitter Rinne talking to trainer.....

Please no...

Hopefully it's just a pulled muscle from stretching too far on that Ward goal.

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Going to just have to shake this game off and move on to the next one. But they are going to have to play better offensively or they aren't going to get far in this series. Sharks just look better offensively.

They were way better offensively, and it'll be hard to overcome that, but we won't be able to slow them down if we get beat to almost every puck, or can't find that extra concentration to keep possession late in the game. I'm inclined to chalk the late collapse tonight up to fatigue, but we're not gonna be able to absorb pressure for 30-40 minutes and frustrate SJ like we did with Anaheim. They're not that kind of team.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Peter Lav didn't seem too happy in that press conference; was pretty much short when asked about why Craig Smith didn't play in tonight's game and said the Preds players could have played better. Personally I thought the Preds played good especially defensively (except towards the second half of the third period) but just didn't get much going offensively. Definitely going to need to pick up the pace and play more aggressively offensively cause they can score quickly when they pick up the pace and start throwing pucks and getting traffic to the net like they did on their second goal but just didn't do that until the game got away from them. They need to not wait until they are down to make a push and get going offensively. Need to do that while they have the lead.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I see there is already some crazy overreactions going on here, but I don't feel all that bad about this game.

We obviously, and justifiably, were worn out; Sharks were rested and played a great game, especially last two periods. And yet it was a 3-2 game with 1:30 left.

That's not that bad- now to just regroup and come back strong...

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Typical case of tired vs fresh legs as became obvious in the second half of the third period. The Sharks will slow down a bit in the coming games. We don't need to sweep them away from home, let's just focus on winning on our own turf first, anything else is a bonus.

Last edited:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
He has been bad the entire post season. Trying to do way too much.

That's just not true.... he has been bad since game 4 - he was fine with a healthy Smith, and didn't start pressing so much until it absolutely fell apart in game 3.

Rib's is useless without 2 dangerous wings - he hurts us on D, he doesn't look to score, and Flip just presses more with him. The most talented scorer of the grinders is probably Watson - clearly the best hands anyway. I'm not sure you can skate him on the 2nd and I hate to mess with the 3rd, but he probably needs to be on the ice if we aren't gonna' have Smitty. Who knows, maybe this is why Poile called Aberg up - knows Smitty can't go and we gotta' have someone can put the puck on net.

Smashville Stroke

Apr 25, 2016
Lawrenceburg, TN
We probably blew our best chance to take one of the first two. They came out a little off of their game, and we just couldn't capitalize on the good chances. Hopefully Smith can come back and make an impact. And please let Pekka be alright!

SlapshotMe

Sep 21, 2015
Fire Lavy! Rinne sucks! Trade Weber! Arvy falls down! We're doomed!

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, offense. The last time we got to 3 goals was 5 games ago (I'm not counting empty netters). But hey, offense is never talked about on these forums so I guess you were right to exclude it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad