GDT: WCSF Game #1 ★ Colorado Avalanche vs Dallas Stars, 7:00PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
1500x500

Ef-1qMyXsAMdSLV
Ef-1qMvXsAEWP9c
Ef-1qMuWoAIxKVd
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ROUND 2 EXPECTED LINE UP

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Pavelski - Gurianov
Hintz - Dickinson - Perry
Cogliano - Faksa - Comeau

Heiskanen - Oleksiak
Lindell - Klingberg
Sekera - Fedun

Khudobin

TIME TO TROLL THE AVS

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Also the most important picture from the offday yesterday is missing. The happy Dobby

Ef-1qNPXsAQK4du

Reactions: Kcb12345

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Dallas is going to need to bring their “A” game every night for this series if they want get passed the Avs. A lot of people are underestimating us, but I believe this team can absolutely beat the Avs. As much as people like to complain about lack of production from our top line, they can absolutely go head to head with the Avs top line, although I imagine FCC is gonna get that matchup. Miro was phenomenal in his round 1 performance, and I noticed every time Stars were struggling his play really started to take off. I think Miro thrives off going up against the best and I think his play will have some extra motivation going up against MacKinnon and Makar. I think in this series we’re gonna see the best Miro yet.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Dallas is going to need to bring their “A” game every night for this series if they want get passed the Avs. A lot of people are underestimating us, but I believe this team can absolutely beat the Avs. As much as people like to complain about lack of production from our top line, they can absolutely go head to head with the Avs top line, although I imagine FCC is gonna get that matchup. Miro was phenomenal in his round 1 performance, and I noticed every time Stars were struggling his play really started to take off. I think Miro thrives off going up against the best and I think his play will have some extra motivation going up against MacKinnon and Makar. I think in this series we’re gonna see the best Miro yet.
I like your profile pic, kinda wish they used those jerseys again.

Reactions: DieselPig

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Cogliano is completely inept offensively but he’s a good reliable checking player. If he had any kind of scoring ability or hands around the net we would have beat St. Louis in game 7 last year. Almost broke the TV after he missed that opportunity in OT.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
When Cogliano was with the Ducks he was a threat to score a shortie every time Stars played the Ducks at least in my memory. Sadly not too much left from his offensive ability. Still a good defensive forward . The trade is still a win . Cogliano is still an NHL contributor unlike Shore who went on the be a scratch with both the Ducks and the Jackets.

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Cogs is fine. He's not the player we traded for maybe and not worth the money we pay him, but for the role he currently plays he's fine.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The lineup is fine if they play properly, problem is they start slow and play horrid for about 50% of most games.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I am always on board for coming up with reasons Cogliano shouldn't be in the lineup.

Shapiro made a point about Cogliano in his crossover with the Avs beat writer about why Cogliano could be an asset. He suggested that Cogliano can't keep up with MacKinnon, but checkers rarely have Cogliano's speed. It might be an asset in the series against MacKinnon.

I sometimes can't tell if Cogliano is getting by on his reputation or if he's still fast enough to be considered an asset. I'll be interesting to see how big a role he plays against MacKinnon.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The speed isn't the problem imho with MacKinnon . Its that he's also build like a bear .

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Hearing Eddie Olczyk talk about Heiskanen makes my heart smile, but he's giving Benn and Seguin too much credit.

Dallas can win without those two playing like they should. They have other guys that are ahead of them that that they need to rely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad