• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
You are not playing the jets. Who cares how many you score on them.
1714963039545.jpeg

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Stars in 6. They’re the most complete team in the West. Colorado’s offense will be a challenge but I think Stars depth and huge goaltending advantage gives them a big advantage.

Reactions: Nikki Potnick

ikonos

Jun 24, 2008
Stars cycle well clogs neutral zone. Those 2 things give trouble to Avs. They have to be on top of their game this round to move on. I may be wrong on this but stars don't take too many penalties right?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I have a new-found respect and appreciation for Dallas, having taken out those pieces of shit Knights. But I have to go with Colorado here, though It's basically a coin flip. The cup winner is coming out of the West again, much to the surprise of those sleepy heads in the East. The West is just better.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
No one is writing them off. I'm saying, Dallas will score a lot more against this team than Vegas. Didn't know it would be so controversial.
Nothing controversial at all, don’t let them get to you. Should be a fun series and I think both fanbases have reason for cautious optimism.

Reactions: MrHeiskanen

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Going to be one hell of a series.

Another in the history book between these two franchises

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Despite not having a good season, I think this is another big goalie mismatch on paper (Hellebyuck sucks in the playoffs though). Dallas is much more dangerous offensively than the Jets. I wonder if goaltending will do the Avs in THIS series.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This is going to be a great series. Dallas looks composed than ever to get back to the final 4. I think Dallas's depth will be too much for Colorado to overcome. Dallas bottom 6 are far better than Colorado's bottom 6.

Avs are also going to open up (unlike Vegas) so expect more offense from Dallas in this series.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Despite not having a good season, I think this is another big goalie mismatch on paper (Hellebyuck sucks in the playoffs though). Dallas is much more dangerous offensively than the Jets. I wonder if goaltending will do the Avs in THIS series.
This will be the thing for every series, should the Avs win this one. The goaltending will be rightfully questioned until the moment they either win the cup or are eliminated. Save % aside, George is still scrambling like crazy and looks uncomfortable. The Avs will have to continue to build and improve upon their team D. I have no doubt the Avs will have good offensive moments in this series but how they handle a physical forecheck is still completely up in the air. Winnipeg didn’t test them in this aspect at all in rd 1.

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If Dallas can beat Vegas, they can beat Colorado. Colorado should be an easier matchup. Vegas has arguably the best blueline in the NHL, especially after acquiring Hanifin. Georgiev is also a huge step down to Thompson and Hill.

Reactions: roryjones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad