Votes: 162 31.6%
  • Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
can't believe i forgot how annoying so much of the avs fanbase could be. honestly probably not their fault. i think it's bc they watch such a homer broadcast on the regular that it it warps the view of the game.
This is an antagonistic post that is asking to get the kind of response you are describing, which is likely your intent. Be better.

Realistically it’s both sides. Dallas fans can’t stop beating the “bad officiating” drum and Avs fans can’t stop antagonizing them. You only see the annoying Avs because you are a Dallas fan but Avs fans are being egged on.

This is very tame all things considered and it would be Avs fans complaining that they only got two power plays to Dallas’s four had they lost. It’s what fan bases do unfortunately.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
This is an antagonistic post that is asking to get the kind of response you are describing, which is likely your intent. Be better.

Realistically it’s both sides. Dallas fans can’t stop beating the “bad officiating” drum and Avs fans can’t stop antagonizing them. You only see the annoying Avs because you are a Dallas fan but Avs fans are being egged on.

This is very tame all things considered and it would be Avs fans complaining that they only got two power plays to Dallas’s four had they lost. It’s what fan bases do unfortunately.
Really the only calls Avs fans complained about were the missed “automatic” high sticking calls.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Really the only calls Avs fans complained about were the missed “automatic” high sticking calls.
And that’s the way it goes. It’s never going to change, calls will be missed and ignored, especially game dependant. The vast majority of the time it will be fairly even so complain about how your special teams weren’t up to par instead of those substandard special teams not getting more chances.

Last edited:

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Really the only calls Avs fans whined about were the missed “automatic” high sticking calls.
FTFY since any complaining about officiating is considered whining to Avs fans. :D

On a more serious note, was it me or was there zero animosity between the teams last night? There's more nastiness between fanbases here than there was on the ice. Hopefully that changes.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
can't believe i forgot how annoying so much of the avs fanbase could be. honestly probably not their fault. i think it's bc they watch such a homer broadcast on the regular that it it warps the view of the game.

This should sum it up

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Oh go threaten a high school football coach who didn't make the playoffs Texan!

Reactions: cgf

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

nah, this started before the series. plenty of avs posters coming here to tell us why it's an absolute mismatch and the stars were gonna get run out of the building. like the last 82 games are meaningless.

at this level, it's not ever black and white or simple. you have two great teams split by thin margins, and very small things can tip the balance. whether that's matchups, officiating, hot streaks, injuries.. it's just SO close. and the arrogance of trying to act like the stars don't belong here is more than off putting.

Oh go threaten a high school football coach who didn't make the playoffs Texan!
that has the makings of a fantastic wednesday evening, thanks for the idea!

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
nah, this started before the series. plenty of avs posters coming here to tell us why it's an absolute mismatch and the stars were gonna get run out of the building. like the last 82 games are meaningless.

at this level, it's not ever black and white or simple. you have two great teams split by thin margins, and very small things can tip the balance. whether that's matchups, officiating, hot streaks, injuries.. it's just SO close. and the arrogance of trying to act like the stars don't belong here is more than off putting.

that has the makings of a fantastic wednesday evening, thanks for the idea!
When you say “plenty of Avs posters….trying to act like the stars don’t belong…”

Can you please define what plenty means to you?

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
FTFY since any complaining about officiating is considered whining to Avs fans. :D

On a more serious note, was it me or was there zero animosity between the teams last night? There's more nastiness between fanbases here than there was on the ice. Hopefully that changes.
I thought that too. There was a play where Pavelski came towards 4giev and Pavs was put in a headlock and immediately released with no one else coming in from either side and this was in OT.

When you say “plenty of Avs posters….trying to act like the stars don’t belong…”

Can you please define what plenty means to you?
Didn’t you hear? The Dallas Stars are paper tigers.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019

So, like 5 people. Gotcha. You’re right though, a vocal minority sure can be annoying.

Almost a quarter of Avs fans chose Dallas to win…. On their own board. I suggest you read how low on the Avs they are over there if you think a sizeable chunk think this is a mismatch. It’s one of the reasons I’ve migrated to the mains for the playoffs, nothing but pessimism and blame over there.

Last edited:

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Coin toss.

The league and the refs have an entirely different rulebook in the NBA.

NHL refs just don't have any continuity with how they apply the rulebook.
Never been a fan of the refs. It’s a tough job though.

I will say I think basketball is a little clearer for officiating…well if you ignore that last nuggets and timberwolves game. No idea what those refs were doing. That was straight up street ball with no rules.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019

Every team has shitty fans but he's right about the announcers. Every team announcer will be a bit bias throughout the program but the avs duo hit another level which is just painful to experience.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I said it earlier in the thread and it bears repeating, the officiating is the worst part about the entire NHL. Its sub par for a supposed major league.
I hate to stick up for the zebras but considering how fast and physical hockey is reffing in relation to the other big three is fine.

MLB despite none of those factors is still somehow terrible, balls and strikes varies from ump to ump and since reviews have become a thing it's shocking how often umps are wrong on close plays at the bases.

I don't follow the other big two that closely but most people who do say it's terrible and they aren't played at nearly the speed of hockey.

Lastly people blaming an off-side missed that didn't even directly effect is quite the reach.

Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Get AI bots to ref the game. Make sticks with sensors so you can call cross-checks fairly? The cross-check happens hundreds of times a game? Call them all until the players stop using their stick like a weapon. You could have a dozen cameras catching every little infraction.
Sure let's replace the players with T 1000's as well. As for cross checking the only ones that should be called are the egregious ones especially the ones not around the net.
Defenders using their stick to clear the net not done viscously should never be called, if a forward wants to battle in front he should expect some lumber in the back, AI wouldn't be able to discerne that and besides the games would become so slow and tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad