• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I honestly didn't mind AJ's call last night......better her in the booth than Leah, anyway. :help:

Leah in her current role is ok. When she was doing pbp, she had the tougher job than what AJs role is now. AJ is kind of a female version of a dumb jock.

She did better last night than she has other times. Ive been watching when she tells lengthy stories from her playing days that is overriding the game people were watching. She did an Avs Stars game where she called Harley Hanley. She frequently gets names wrong. BasIcally, she comes across as entitled and unprofessional once youve seen her a few times.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
A gun would have been pulled long ago if this wasn't over the internet :laugh:
1715187342084.png

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
There are maybe a couple games throughout the entire season (playoffs and reg season) where bad reffing directly affects the outcome of a game. The Pavelski incident against Vegas is a good example. Yesterday sure wasn't.

Dallas had 7 shots through the second and third period and sat on their lead. Refs missed some calls but that definitely wasn't the reason the stars lost.

Everyone bitches about missed calls but you're a shitty fan if you're going to blame a loss on reffing.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Holy f*** this has developed into some stupid shit.

Dallas lost, because they were content with a 3-0 lead and thought flip/chip and change would be fine for 40minutes, they stopped skating. Once they started again it wasn't it was already too late.
You can't stop skating for 40mins against the Avs without a 6goal lead. It bit them in the ass several times against them this year too.

It wasn't because of reffing, or because of a missed offside.
If you need to blame anyone. Oettinger should be candidate #1.
The Makar goal should never go in, unscreened, wrist shot from the point, should never go in against an NHL goalie.
The Wood goal was also horribly misplayed by Oettinger, which again is par for the course. He's been bad all year, with isolated pockets of solid play several months apart. He's living off a reputation he built against the Flames that he's never gotten close to replicating. Even aside from him
Mistakes cost the Stars the game.
The biggest mistake was being content with a 3-0 lead.
Johnston breaking his stick on the PK directly led to a goal against as well. Shit happens.
The good news is, that when they actually put in the work, they can skate with the Avs, they were the better team in OT, but again all they had to do was put in that effort for 60mins, they didn't. It would also be nice if Oettinger could ever make "that" save, like Gorgiev did in OT.
You knew how it was going to end with how the Stars controlled OT, that the first or 2nd shot against Oettinger was going in, and it did.

They got exactly what they deserved.

Can't challenge unless a goal is scored.
Ottinger looked like he was too far to the short side. Then when he tried to push across to follow Wood he got himself stuck on his own post.

At least from the angle I saw. Not sure how an NHL goalie can have that happen to them.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Fun fact, if there is an uncalled offside, a penalty called, and then a goal is scored on the delayed penalty, and the goal is then overturned, the penalty STILL stands, offside or not.
Logic left the thread a few pages back sadly, so I wouldn't expect a reply on this.

The coping that is happening with a few Stars fans in here is juicy. If they want to believe that the outcome of this one would have been different due to a missed offsides before a penalty and go as far digging into the Avs board to support their narrative that everyone complains about the refs (who is arguing against that here lol) then so be it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Logic left the thread a few pages back sadly, so I wouldn't expect a reply on this.

The coping that is happening with a few Stars fans in here is juicy. If they want to believe that the outcome of this one would have been different due to a missed offsides before a penalty and go as far digging into the Avs board to support their narrative that everyone complains about the refs (who is arguing against that here lol) then so be it.

I don't think anyone's saying that, specifically - the vast majority of us see last night's game as a missed opportunity and nothing more. The missed offside was just used as another example of shitty reffing, which is pretty much par for the course in these playoffs.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I don't think anyone's saying that, specifically - the vast majority of us see last night's game as a missed opportunity and nothing more. The missed offside was just used as another example of shitty reffing, which is pretty much par for the course in these playoffs.
I said it earlier in the thread and it bears repeating, the officiating is the worst part about the entire NHL. Its sub par for a supposed major league.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I said it earlier in the thread and it bears repeating, the officiating is the worst part about the entire NHL. Its sub par for a supposed major league.
Every league is like this. In fact I'd prefer this to the NBA style where MacK and McDavid would draw 5 penalties a game if they got the star treatment

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We’re crying about an offside entry that led to a penalty and some fans want to try rid of the offside challenge :laugh:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Sure, but one of those two pps absolutely shouldn't have happened.
Huh? Those were both good calls. I'll give ya the right to complain about the embellishment if you give me the right to complain about 2 missed high sticks.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What ever the refs missed, they didn't let anyone do anything like this. So I think we can all agree, f*** Philly:

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Huh? Those were both good calls. I'll give ya the right to complain about the embellishment if you give me the right to complain about 2 missed high sticks.
MacK hooked right in front of the net too. But hey glasses so green they can't see those kinds of penalties. Just the ones that they want called for their team.

Imagine the gall to complain about reffing - especially in the first when you get 3 calls with a 5 on 3, when there were two huge missed calls that should have went against you in that period. And then to come out with the advantage at the end of the game in PP opportunities. Oiler fan IQ level take.

Maybe don't stop skating and work on your PK instead of whining?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Refs & Oettinger blame. Stars fans smoking crack.

45-20 disadvantage in hits

12 - 4 disadvantage in giveaways

Stars were schooled all over the ice, created nothing in the second and third, total of 16 shots through three periods. Team was not interested in battling, skating, or competing after they scored three they shut the engine off.

Then they stumble their way into OT and start playing, and lost the game.

The 12 forwards and 5 D are the reason we lost the game. Not the refs or Oettinger. Team was invisible.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
MacK hooked right in front of the net too. But hey glasses so green they can't see those kinds of penalties. Just the ones that they want called for their team.

Imagine the gall to complain about reffing - especially in the first when you get 3 calls with a 5 on 3, when there were two huge missed calls that should have went against you in that period. And then to come out with the advantage at the end of the game in PP opportunities. Oiler fan IQ level take.

Maybe don't stop skating and work on your PK instead of whining?
This is my point. The Stars benefitted as much from the officials as the Avs in this one, in some cases more. The Avs finished their chances and played some great team D while applying pressure.

Vegas was a team with discombobulated chemistry from trying to LTIR their way to a cup. The Avs built a team with specific targets to their system in mind. Different strokes for Dallas in this series.

Reactions: The Moops

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Ottinger looked like he was too far to the short side. Then when he tried to push across to follow Wood he got himself stuck on his own post.

At least from the angle I saw. Not sure how an NHL goalie can have that happen to them.
He thought Heiskanen would've prevented Wood from cutting across and wanted to make sure he couldn't sneak a shot through short side.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Refs & Oettinger blame. Stars fans smoking crack.

45-20 disadvantage in hits

12 - 4 disadvantage in giveaways

Stars were schooled all over the ice, created nothing in the second and third, total of 16 shots through three periods. Team was not interested in battling, skating, or competing after they scored three they shut the engine off.

Then they stumble their way into OT and start playing, and lost the game.

The 12 forwards and 5 D are the reason we lost the game. Not the refs or Oettinger. Team was invisible.
It really was a tale of two games. Big props to the stars for their first period effort. They played hard and gassed a bit imo. They had fire in the ot but got caught. Hard fought game for sure.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
I'm glad the avs came back and won, but man that officiating was bad. Really bad. Almost ruined it for me. Almost. We should have a stat column for "fairly officiated."

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It's bizarre people don't understand how how NHL reffing works by now.

The refs will dictate the game early by calling it by the books or letting things slide, which sets the tone of the game. If a team is up 2-3 penalties (that don't include automatic penalties such as too many men or over the glass) they're going to look for any reason to call a penalty to even it up, even if it's a 'weak' call. Meanwhile, they're going to let more things slide for the team that's behind in penalties.

I prefer the NHL to call a spade a spade when it comes to penalties, but that doesn't help the NHL maintain parity. So sure, you can complain about 'missed' calls or reffing, but every NHL player and coach knows how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad