GDT: WCSF #4 | "I Love High Glove" | Oilers vs Flames | May 24 2022, 7:30 PM MT | SN, CBC, ESPN/ 630CHED, FAN960

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Look at the love fest for Smitty!!!

The TEAM knows he’s our goalie. Why doesn’t a certain minority of our fanbase???

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Optics looked horrific. But check the replay, that was a wild shot out of nowhere. I won’t sugar coat it, but 3 GAs is STILL just 3 GAs against.

Couple of things:

1. It kinda looks like the ref skates across his line of sight as Andersson shoots the puck.
2. It also kinda looks like he might have lost it in the sea of dark blue jerseys (another reason to hate those unis)

But with that being said: it was 130 feet away!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Couple of things:

1. It kinda looks like the ref skates across his line of sight as Andersson shoots the puck.
2. It also kinda looks like he might have lost it in the sea of dark blue jerseys (another reason to hate those unis)

But with that being said: it was 130 feet away!
Yes all these and yes it was a 130 feet away. Still though lots of huge saves early going lateral stopping high danger. End result: 3 GAs.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Warts and all, I’ll still take Smitty over Markstrom any day of the week! Fluke goals happen to the best of goaltenders. Example: Lemaire against Tony Esposito, game 7 1971 final. Nobody’s gonna throw stones at the late great Tony Zero! These fellas play their balls off for Smitty! Long may your big jib draw boys!

Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad