WCSF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (2) Winnipeg Jets | Series Tied 3-3

Who wins game 7 and advances to the Western Conference finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Why would Nashville go to the Eastern Conference, which already has 16 teams? A more likely occurrence is that Arizona will join the Central to give each division 8 teams.

So the Jets and Preds could have a looong history ahead of them.

Riiiight. Duh. In my head I was like west team comes in, one team pushes over, but you’re totally right.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It’s because those markets likely require more than two days to sell tickets.
preds, jets, and vegas have had the highest ticket prices in the playoffs. toronto obviously first. neither 3 will have any problem selling out. nashville has had like 100ish tickets go on sale to general public. everything else is season ticket holders (which is sold out) or secondary markets.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Jet's turn to win this one -
Last game was a joke from both sides - goals were mostly garbage and neither team brought it.
As usual, the Jet's usually need to lose before they understand what is needed to win -
Rinne is also due for a crapper after stopping 34 last game - consistency has not been his legacy this playoff.
4 - 1 Jets and it might even be easy
Both of Forsberg’s goals were beautiful and his 2nd goal will be on replays for years.

It’s because those markets likely require more than two days to sell tickets.
I noticed the shade thrown out there at Nashville being the “lesser” hockey market beneath Winnipeg.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
preds, jets, and vegas have had the highest ticket prices in the playoffs. toronto obviously first. neither 3 will have any problem selling out. nashville has had like 100ish tickets go on sale to general public. everything else is season ticket holders (which is sold out) or secondary markets.

Hmm, wonder why ticketmaster would jump the gun then. I guess it’s no big deal. Refunds are easy ;)

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Both of Forsberg’s goals were beautiful and his 2nd goal will be on replays for years.

I noticed the shade thrown out there at Nashville being the “lesser” hockey market beneath Winnipeg.

No shading going on over here. Of course it is. That’s not a slight, just a fact. For example, how many sheets of ice are there in Nashville? From what I’m aware of, Winnipeg and surrounding areas is in the neighbourhood of 5000 (by all means, please correct me if I’m off with that number). And hockey has been a big part of our history for as long as this city has existed. Yes, Nashville is a lesser hockey market. AINEC.

And those Forsberg goals were beauts. Kids a stud.

Last edited:

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Why has there been such a big wait between game 6 and 7?

I keep checking the scores thinking “Ooh who is it” to see that, again, it’s not until tonigh.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
No shading going on over here. Of course it is. That’s not a slight, just a fact. For example, how many sheets of ice are there in Nashville? From what I’m aware of, Winnipeg and surrounding areas is in the neighbourhood of 5000 (by all means, please correct me if I’m off with that number). And hockey has been a big part of our history for as long as this city has existed. Yes, Nashville is a lesser hockey market. AINEC.

agreed on all fronts.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday

Many in TN would kill to have access to that many sheets of ice. TN wont ever reach those numbers due to weather, assuming that number includes outdoor rinks. But hockey in TN is growing really fast compared to when i was growing up. Great to see honestly

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Many in TN would kill to have access to that many sheets of ice. TN wont ever reach those numbers due to weather, assuming that number includes outdoor rinks. But hockey in TN is growing really fast compared to when i was growing up. Great to see honestly

Exactly. The majority of those are outdoor.

That’s actually really cool to hear. The more people exposed to the game, the more talent there will be to be exposed.

Reactions: Gnashville

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I do highly respect your fan base for how well you support your team, mind you. Probably my favourite fans from a non traditional hockey market.

I would kill to be at that game tomorrow.
oh for sure as a jets fan. i sense the pattern continuing with a home team stinker and epic choke job by the preds.

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
I think the preds will take this. it's gotta be deflating for the jets to miss out on closing it out on home ice and have to fly all the way back to Nashville. that building will be rocking. shame that this had to be a 2nd round series.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
You too, eh ;)

When Seattle joins the league, my guess would be Nash would float over to the east? At least we will have a couple of years of rivalry.

More likely Vegas gets moved to the Central so all divisions get 8 teams. The only other teams they could move is Flames and Oilers but the NHL will never separate the 2 Alberta rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad