GDT: WCS Game #7 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:00 PM EST | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Hopefully we see you guys in the SCF a few times. Great series, nothing but class from you guys.

It was a cool series. Had boring stretches, but I'd attribute that to strong coaching from both sides. Both teams never said die, never quit. They may have slowed at times, obviously, as they both lost 3 in a row, but it was still a lot of fun. Also, if you're not cheating, you're not trying - and I think both teams exemplified it well as we saw the refs just let them play some playoff hockey for the most part.

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I never want to lose to Chicago, worst fans in the league by far from my experiences. I've never met "decent" Chicago fans.

I'm rooting for Boston now btw. I was all for LA last year, I want Boston to win now.

same. Boston is the easiest pick out of all the teams.. you don't want Pittsburgh nor Chicago by default. So it's down to the Kings and B's. If the Kings win, they'll break the repeat drought, so that's not good.

Plus, I'd like to see Jagr win another cup.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Team doesn't have enough finishers... Datsyuk was a ghost tonight. Just look at the line combos and I don't really know who is suppose to score.

Dats was double teamed all night. In the end you have to call that headshot.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Only 9 Wings with shots on goal tonight. Wow.

Among those with 0:

Every defenseman besides CC (who had 1)
Cleary
Flip (because ass face Shaw broke his ankle and got away with it)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Disappointing, but proud of our boys, awaiting Datsyuk's injury update.

Oh and Shaw's suspension, you cannot slew foot a guy to a injury and not get something, shameful there.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
Nice season, horrible way to end it, but have to be pleased overall. Feels so gut-wrenching, hard to believe there are Red Wing fans wanting this outcome in order to move down a few measly spots in the draft.

they aren't fans at all, in my book. only a total moron would trade a last 4 place for a few draft spaces. the point in drafting high is to improve your chances of winning the cup. if you make the last 4 you have a great chance of doing just that without the picks.

i am gutted, but at the same time we did better than heaps of people expected, including the majority of fans. to me, howard proved himself to be a top goalie, the kids showed that they're more than ready to go, etc, etc. we can't be too despondent. always sucks to be eliminated, but it isn't like the dave lewis years or even 2009, etc. the boys did well.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Wow some of the greatest hockey I have seen in a long time. Great run wings, well deserved win by the hawks. Looking forward to the draft and training camp :yo:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Disappointing, but proud of our boys, awaiting Datsyuk's injury update.

I can't remember seeing him lose so many board battles and lack any burst and change of direction in his skating.

The thing is he was very strong in the Anaheim series. He just sat back this series. Rarely had the puck with any speed against Chicago.

crashman

The wings lost a hard fought series and out classed the Hawks in a lot ways. They certainly did more with less.

I'm looking forward to a full training camp and to see who holland decides to cut in the off season. We need to add a piece or 2, but there's a ton of young talent on this team.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
It is scary to think how the brass will interpret this... I can't figure out what the philosophy is, you take a risk on a Franzen type deal to free up room to pack in some more talent and make a run yet we've overpaid for guys that can't help us, hoarded players and floated along with cap space.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
same. Boston is the easiest pick out of all the teams.. you don't want Pittsburgh nor Chicago by default. So it's down to the Kings and B's. If the Kings win, they'll break the repeat drought, so that's not good.

Plus, I'd like to see Jagr win another cup.

I really like how the Bruins team is set up, that's what I like the most about them and then their style of play. Marchand is a rare breed of player and I really like Boston's two way play.

I wouldn't mind an LA/Boston final but I know a lot of people wouldn't like that.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I really like how the Bruins team is set up, that's what I like the most about them and then their style of play. Marchand is a rare breed of player and I really like Boston's two way play.

I wouldn't mind an LA/Boston final but I know a lot of people wouldn't like that.

I doubt you'll find many Wing fans that would prefer that Chicago or Pittsburgh make the finals over LA and Boston.

Chi-Pit would be the worst possible scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad