December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Last edited:

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
someone’s probably already posted this but classic

who gets arrested for driving a golf cart drunk on the “streets” of a gated community?

That's about as minor as a DUI gets. Guy was just having fun probably and some rich old people brought him down.

I feel very similarly. Like, Lindholm and Pettersson haven't played well since the deadline, but we've also basically locked up a playoff spot since then. So ultimately, I don't really care how they've played. I will judge them on the playoffs. So, if Lindholm comes in and has a great playoffs, I will be fine with the acquisition cost.
Lindholm looked miles better after he sat out with his injury. Pettersson not so much.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I don't want anyone but Hoglander or Miller playing with Pettersson. He hasn't worked with anyone else on the roster and everybody slumps with him. Lindholm, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, etc all looked better once they were off his line.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
There is something different about the start of this series. I’ve never experienced a round 1 like this before. The players reactions. Quinn Hughes Petterson. Ian Cole saying some players in tears. JT miller comparing stepping onto the ice as special as his daughter being born.

The vibe is very different. I’ve never experienced it like this before. Just absolute fire.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
There is something different about the start of this series. I’ve never experienced a round 1 like this before. The players reactions. Quinn Hughes Petterson. Ian Cole saying some players in tears. JT miller comparing stepping onto the ice as special as his daughter being born.

The vibe is very different. I’ve never experienced it like this before. Just absolute fire.

2011 felt like this.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Was a bit concerning to see the Lotto line out so quickly in to the series. Did anybody ask Tocchet about it after the game?

I think we outplayed them badly 5 on 5 and if we can stay out of the box we could have an even bigger advantage.

Having big D paid out huge in this game. Myers, ad and Cole all played hard playoff hockey.

If we can get JT, Hronek, Brock and EP to start chipping in we could be a decent force

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Was a bit concerning to see the Lotto line out so quickly in to the series. Did anybody ask Tocchet about it after the game?

I think we outplayed them badly 5 on 5 and if we can stay out of the box we could have an even bigger advantage.

Having big D paid out huge in this game. Myers, ad and Cole all played hard playoff hockey.

If we can get JT, Hronek, Brock and EP to start chipping in we could be a decent force
Petey is due for a 3 point game. I just know it.

Reactions: ProviesGhost

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
2011 felt like this.

Yup.

There was a completely different vibe between the 2009-2011 team verses the same team in 2012-2013. Pre-2011, they was a sense of brotherhood as that team had been through some serious hardships both on and off the ice (Bourdon). That Boston series broke them and there was barely any emotion the next two subsequent playoffs. It was like "oh, we're here again...."

This incarnation of the Vancouver Canucks seems tight. They are playing with some serious emotion right now. These guys just endured a ridiculous amount of stupidity: Jim Benning, Bruce Boudreau clownshow, COVID, etc..

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
2011 felt like this.
2011 felt like the culmination of several years of building towards something great. It felt like the beginning of a march towards long-earned success.

I would say this feels different. The surprise of this year cannot be overstated. Nothing feels inevitable, but everything seems possible. It feels more like a relief than a responsibility, I think, like a pressure valve has been opened.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Yup.

There was a completely different vibe between the 2009-2011 team verses the same team in 2012-2013. Pre-2011, they was a sense of brotherhood as that team had been through some serious hardships both on and off the ice (Bourdon). That Boston series broke them and there was barely any emotion the next two subsequent playoffs. It was like "oh, we're here again...."

This incarnation of the Vancouver Canucks seems tight. They are playing with some serious emotion right now. These guys just endured a ridiculous amount of stupidity: Jim Benning, Bruce Boudreau clownshow, COVID, etc..
The depth in the bottom of the lineup is what reminds me of the 2011 team the most.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Yup.

I was as hopeful as anyone in 2011. We were back in the finals but I had serious doubts that I didn't express at the time because who wants to hear something like that when you're fighting for the cup? I felt Luongo was not a big-game goalie and that concerned me. I also hated the diving. I wanted our team to win or lose with honour. As it turned out Luongo did choke, we dived, and we still lost. All of my fears had been realized. Injuries didn't help but all that combined left me feeling like shit. Yes, it was the best team we ever had in the finals, but it was my least favourite.

2012, yeah, I agree. The hype from 2011 had all but disappeared. Vancouver was broken, and not just the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad