Vancouver def. Nashville 5-2

December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Peterson has struggled mighility against O'reilly in his career and it has been noted. O'reilly has been doing it his whole career, he is a matchup king.

But be to that bad against Jason sucker, luke evangelista, and colton sissons at 5v5 as that was the primary line at 5v5 around 8-9 mins.

come on!!

Reactions: Nucker101

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Peterson has struggled mighility against O'reilly in his career and it has been noted. Dude has been doing it his whole career.

But be to that bad against Jason sucker, luke evangelista, and colton sissons at 5v5 as that was the primary line at 5v5 around 8-9 mins.

come on!!

Shots were 7-2 Preds with the Pettersson line on the ice. Ride the Miller and Lindholm lines for the series.

Reactions: lawrence

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I thought Pettersson played generally well. He needs to attack the net more and shoot more, but it's a long road in the playoffs and I'm sure there were nerves as well.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Shots were 7-2 Preds with the Pettersson line on the ice. Ride the Miller and Lindholm lines for the series.

I can accept if that is O'reilly who I still think highly of

but not against those franking cats. COLTON SISSONS.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I thought Pettersson played generally well. He needs to attack the net more and shoot more, but it's a long road in the playoffs and I'm sure there were nerves as well.
I know Tocchet loves north south hockey but Petey needs to go back to being creative and stickhandling around defenders like everyone know he can. The guy needs to be in attack mode.

Only one playoff game though, I’m sure he’ll adjust to the pace.

Reactions: theguardianII

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
From the Oilers board:

"Preds lost the game in essentially 12 secs. Doesn't speak well for them. PDO kings will get seeing eye pucks going in. Like the Flames a couple years ago their game plan is to funnel absolutely everything towards goal and hope for bounces. Which they got again tonight. The deflection goal wasn't even intended. Lol at Hughes taking credit for the goal because he's such a superstar. Pint sized defender won't last long in playoffs."

1) Isn't the whole point of the game to funnel pucks towards the net? Isn't that exactly what almost every team and fans say win games? Greasy goals and chaos in front of the net?

2) "Pint sized defender" that absolutely shit on the Preds all game, comes up big when it matters, and didn't take a single hit.

Lmao some of these people are just deranged and don't live in the real world

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I know Mac isn't all that popular around here, but here's his take on Dak. I think it's a good one.

Also...

"This season wasn't the best team in Canuck's history, but it might be the most enjoyable in Canucks' history." -- Mac

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
A good result.
Some of them looked a little nervous.
In the bubble Pettersson was great, this game not so much.

It looked like both teams were tentative.

It was a playoff game but didn't really look like one.

A win is a win
I know Tocchet loves north south hockey but Petey needs to go back to being creative and stickhandling around defenders like everyone know he can. The guy needs to be in attack mode.

Only one playoff game though, I’m sure he’ll adjust to the pace.
IMO Hughes is not a very good defenceman BUT he is very good ROVER. His plus/minus is very respectful.
IMO he does have the ability to "circle" the net a couple of times and create better opportunities on the PP or when they get the other team trapped in a long shift.

Tocchet may have dumbed down Pettersson's game. Petey seems like he trying really hard to be Joshua and in doing so has lost HIS game. There could be something wrong with him again, he isn't shooting very much

Reactions: calnuck

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
I know Mac isn't all that popular around here, but here's his take on Dak. I think it's a good one.

Also...

"This season wasn't the best team in Canuck's history, but it might be the most enjoyable in Canucks' history." -- Mac

IMac with a good take? What timeline are we living in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad