Vancouver def. Nashville 3-2

October 31, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville 5-2

December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I fundamentally don't know how to handle myself right now. 2011 was the last time I actually fully paid attention to every game and really cared about the playoffs*. This whole season is so remarkable my brain is having a hard time accepting it happened. It feels like yesterday I was arguing the Kings weren't as good as everyone thought, I think the Kraken might regress, Oilers didn't do anything to improve the team, Flames didn't change anything from last season and all that gives the Canucks a good shot at a wild card spot.

*I moved to Japan in September 2011 and barely watched the bubble playoffs
It does feel very strange.

In some ways, it seems to me like there is less to discuss now than there's been at the same point in previous seasons. I'm simply out of practice when it comes to talking about a contender. My response to every question related to the team is "well, we'll find out when the playoffs start." I've got nothing to say about how Pettersson is playing or will play, no thoughts about where Lindholm should slot in. I'm just ... waiting.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008

In some ways, it seems to me like there is less to discuss now than there's been at the same point in previous seasons. I'm simply out of practice when it comes to talking about a contender. My response to every question related to the team is "well, we'll find out when the playoffs start." I've got nothing to say about how Pettersson is playing or will play, no thoughts about where Lindholm should slot in. I'm just ... waiting.
This would be a nice time for Pettersson to bump the slump, eh?

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

I feel very similarly. Like, Lindholm and Pettersson haven't played well since the deadline, but we've also basically locked up a playoff spot since then. So ultimately, I don't really care how they've played. I will judge them on the playoffs. So, if Lindholm comes in and has a great playoffs, I will be fine with the acquisition cost.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

100% with you. I see no reason to discuss off-season targets, contracts, playoff predictions, or anything else. A big part of that is coming from the uniqueness of this team's ascension. Tear the team apart and rebuild was a viable strategy and now they are division champions with a strangely real shot at a Stanley Cup. There was no slow build just miserable failure.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
someone’s probably already posted this but classic

who gets arrested for driving a golf cart drunk on the “streets” of a gated community?

Who among us hasn't masterfully navigated a golf cart whilst being completely shit housed drunk?

But to get arrested in a gated community I think you have to be acting a real fool and being a big time menace.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I want to see Pettersson get into it. The guy is emotionless. He has no highs and he has no lows. The guy takes being an emotionless Swede to a whole new level - way past that of even the Sedins. I want to see him get pissed when things go wrong, and I want to see him happy as hell when things go right. I want to see J.T. Miller in Pettersson. I think the non-pandemic lockdown playoffs may bring out the best in him.
I want JT Miller to finally grow up and become the master of his emotions and not the other way around.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Lindholm has actually been quietly picking it up..
He has 5 pts in his last 6 games. Although that does include his 2 games before his injury.

I dont think I could handle this.
Totally worth it for the near heart attack experience!

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Did Coach Rick ever put Lindholm in between JT and Brock? I'd love to have seen that tried. It's a Drance musing I can't let go of.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I know they shouldn’t tinker with lines at this stage but I wouldve liked to see:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser (offensive line)
Joshua-Petey-Garland (secondary offense + favourable matchups)
Suter-Lindholm-Lafferty (shutdown line)
Mikheyev-Blueger-Podkolzin (energy line)

I can’t believe they haven’t tried Petey between Dak and Garly. I don’t think Hoglander and Pettersson really play well together. Hoglander isn’t the greatest at handling the puck.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I wonder and curious to see which intro song vancouver canucks go out to? strees have no name should give goosebumps but thats in the past. something brand new to pump the fans up

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I feel like this narrative of Pettersson being emotionless (at least in terms of demeanor) is just based on expectations from him being a quiet swede rather than reality, personally.

He gets extremely pissy and sour when things aren't going well, and he also wears it on his face when he's doing well (at the very least, he's unable to hold in a smirk during those times).

Quinn Hughes for example is far more icy, unreadable, and even-keel than Pettersson.

Lacking in play intensity isn't really the same thing as emotionless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad