WCQF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Series Talk

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

Jossi not at practice.

Which means next game we hit him harder.

1714270752076.gif

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If we didn't have such a tight cap picture in the next few years, he's the kind of player you could afford to overpay a little bit without worrying about having $$ to upgrade your roster, but right now maybe we need to capitalize on "26 year old 50-point RHD!" and let someone else with the ability to pay him what he's looking for (ANA, UTAH) acquire him. Like, if you could grab some draft capital (that could be flipped for player upgrades elsewhere) while possibly dumping Mikeyev's contract in the process, you'd have to look at that—free up the room to get Joshua/Zadorov/Blueger back and ideally get Tanev as a FA for a couple of years on a sweetheart deal.
The other factor here is they have Willander in the fold who should make his NHL debut next March and could potentially be filling a top 4 role on the right side as soon as 25/26.

If they can get Zadorov signed to a reasonable extension and run a left somewhere of Hughes/Zadorov/Soucy, that’s not a bad defensive group to build off of.

DeMelo, Tanev, Roy and Walker are some guys I’d have no issues putting on the top pairing with Hughes next season.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I feel like us having so many UFA/RFAs is a benefit in a lot of ways going forward past this season—

Hronek, how the back half of his season has gone/playoffs so far have gone, I am not exactly excited at the prospect of signing him for more than say 6-6.5MM. Some absolutely jarring defensive lapses, and production has dropped off a cliff now that the team isn't scoring on every shot like the beginning of the year.

If we didn't have such a tight cap picture in the next few years, he's the kind of player you could afford to overpay a little bit without worrying about having $$ to upgrade your roster, but right now maybe we need to capitalize on "26 year old 50-point RHD!" and let someone else with the ability to pay him what he's looking for (ANA, UTAH) acquire him. Like, if you could grab some draft capital (that could be flipped for player upgrades elsewhere) while possibly dumping Mikeyev's contract in the process, you'd have to look at that—free up the room to get Joshua/Zadorov/Blueger back and ideally get Tanev as a FA for a couple of years on a sweetheart deal.

The other factor here is they have Willander in the fold who should make his NHL debut next March and could potentially be filling a top 4 role on the right side as soon as 25/26.

If they can get Zadorov signed to a reasonable extension and run a left somewhere of Hughes/Zadorov/Soucy, that’s not a bad defensive group to build off of.

DeMelo, Tanev, Roy and Walker are some guys I’d have no issues putting on the top pairing with Hughes next season.
Really feeling all of this for the off season now. I do hope that Allvin and co will approach it with the pragmatism they've shown the past year. Commit money to the players you have the most faith in, cash in on the rest, and continue the cycle to refresh and support your core. Fingers crossed on Willander making an impact in 2 years, and the crop of UFA dmen is looking pretty good to bridge that gap. Someone like Matt Roy actually could be a pretty good longish term Hughes partner also. I don't mind the idea of even bringing back Cole on a 1-year and managing his ice time. There's options here and Hronek really doesn't have to be apart of it. I say cash in.

Reactions: arttk

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I ignored Vector to see if you can ignore mods and it worked. but I don’t know how to unignore ☠️

How do I unignore someone?

NVM figured it out Lol

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I ignored Vector to see if you can ignore mods and it worked. but I don’t know how to unignore ☠️

How do I unignore someone?

NVM figured it out Lol
I tried putting this a-hole "Hit the Post" on my ignore list but I keep getting an error message.

Son of a b*tch must have paid off the forum owners for this immunity.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Tocchet, please:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Lindholm-Lafferty

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Why is Lindholm getting demoted after thoroughly outplaying Pettersson and Blueger?

That Mikheyev-Lindholm-Lafferty line had some chemistry when it was tried.

It's more finding static lines rather than demotion/promotion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad