GDT: WCQF Vancouver at Predators, Joshua Tree vs The Cult. Friday, April 26, 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Glad Stastny was not injured.

I don't like the hit.

I think we're lucky it was 2 min and not 5 min.

Not a suspendable play but not something I want to see Joshua doing.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Okay, well at least they bumped it down to a minor.

It was definitely a dangerous hit that he probably shouldn't have followed through like that. But it's so friggen annoying when guys just turn their back and duck away from a forecheck like that. It's such a dangerous chickenshit way of playing hockey. It's like, "na na na na boo boo you can't hit me".

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Okay, well at least they bumped it down to a minor.

It was definitely a dangerous hit that he probably shouldn't have followed through like that. But it's so friggen annoying when guys just turn their back and duck away from a forecheck like that. It's such a dangerous chickenshit way of playing hockey. It's like, "na na na na boo boo you can't hit me".

This is my issue with calling penalties on hits like that. On the one hand, I don't think it's an inherently bad call, but it's obvious players are abusing it.

Reactions: Regal and biturbo19

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Love how buddy had his back turned the entire play. trying to make it so you cant hit him.
Eh it's like when guys skating up the neutral zone with their head down... it's a fast game and sometimes guys can't protect themselves while making plays. No one wants to deliberately risk getting their brains into mush.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
This is my issue with calling penalties on hits like that. On the one hand, I don't think it's an inherently bad call, but it's obvious players are abusing it.
At the risk of getting seriously injured.

It's like the whole "I have the right of way so if you hit me, it's your fault."

Yeah, but then you got into a freaking car accident. Is that a risk you want to take?

Reactions: Bourne Endeavor

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
lmao Hoglander. Someone's gonna try to fight him for putting that puck in after the whistle later. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad