Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Islandgirl

Apr 15, 2019
The Island
When predicting this series, I automatically thought 7 games for sure and i am going to stick with that. Since San Jose has the home ice advantage I will go with them in 7 games, but this series is really any ones to take.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
It sucks that Vlasic was out but it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of this game. The sharks got away from what made the successful in game 1. Take away the neutral zone and Vegas isn’t nearly as dangerous.

Instead they’re more focused on settling personal scores instead of the more important score. You can’t do that against a quick striking team like Vegas, especially when you have Hellen Keller starting in goal. Commit to team defense or Vegas moves on in 5.

Reactions: nabbyfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Whenever a 4th line vastly overpaid scrub gets a top 6 forward to answer the bell, he's done his job. No one except another scrub should fight Reaves.
When the refs are going to let Reaves do whatever he wants to Kane, he has no choice.

Next time Reaves should at least not be a bitch and go after him when he's fresh instead of at the end of a shift.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
When the refs are going to let Reaves do whatever he wants to Kane, he has no choice.

Next time Reaves should at least not be a ***** and go after him when he's fresh instead of at the end of a shift.

Agreed. I know people think Reaves "won" by getting Kane to fight him, but the game was already over and the Sharks had flat-lined. Not to mention Reaves had been running around all game without any repercussion, so I've got no problem with Kane going after him.

Reactions: Phu

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

Next time Reaves should at least not be a ***** and go after him when he's fresh instead of at the end of a shift.

The same could be said for Joe, Meier, and Hertl who take cheap shot after cheap shot.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Stone is a game changer. Last I checked, Reaves and his entire line don't have a point. Makes for good water cooler talk, but that's not why we're losing.
Reeves, and that 4th line are playing great. If they can play :45 seconds in San Jose's end and soften their defense, they're doing a great job - and they are. When Reeves and Carrier are forechecking, it is changing the game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This Reaves and Kane battle is lit AF, most entertaining of the series.

Sucks that Martin Jones can't even stop a comet currently; rebounds all over the place, biting on every move, terrible at tracking the puck. He is not mentally chequed in for the playoffs or for majority of the season for that matter. Sharks have a conference finals talent level of roster which looks to be on a first round exit due to a single player. Must be frustrating for Shark fans, but I warned you lot like two seasons ago that Jones is absolutely terrible.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Is the McNabb hearing after the Jumbo hearing? They did Kadri's the day of the game so I guess they could do it tomorrow too.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This Reaves and Kane battle is lit AF, most entertaining of the series.

Sucks that Martin Jones can't even stop a comet currently; rebounds all over the place, biting on every move, terrible at tracking the puck. He is not mentally chequed in for the playoffs or for majority of the season for that matter. Sharks have a conference finals talent level of roster which looks to be on a first round exit due to a single player. Must be frustrating for Shark fans, but I warned you lot like two seasons ago that Jones is absolutely terrible.

They're not losing this series because of a single player. It is mind-boggling how anyone can watch this team play defense and only blame the goaltending. They let Mark freaking Stone walk down Main Street on the first shift of the game and allowed similar opportunities in the first minute of each period. How is that solely on the goaltending? It isn't. This team's defensive play is atrocious. A good goalie isn't keeping this trash defense from getting scored upon.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
They're not losing this series because of a single player. It is mind-boggling how anyone can watch this team play defense and only blame the goaltending. They let Mark freaking Stone walk down Main Street on the first shift of the game and allowed similar opportunities in the first minute of each period. How is that solely on the goaltending? It isn't. This team's defensive play is atrocious. A good goalie isn't keeping this trash defense from getting scored upon.

Nah, it’s Jones dude, every team has mental lapses and a good goalie will bail them out.

Jones let in goals at :16 seconds in the 1st, :21 second in the 2nd and :36 seconds in the 3rd.

That’s garbage goaltending beyond belief. Even Randy Hahn had to say it was unbelievable. We have no chance in this series if Jones keeps playing this way, we’ll be done in 5.

Reactions: Phu

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nah, it’s Jones dude, every team has mental lapses and a good goalie will bail them out.

Jones let in goals at :16 seconds in the 1st, :21 second in the 2nd and :36 seconds in the 3rd.

That’s garbage goaltending beyond belief. Even Randy Hahn had to say it was unbelievable. We have no chance in this series if Jones keeps playing this way, we’ll be done in 5.

They were rightly called out by a former player as not having defensive structure and you're going to try and say it's the goalie. That's what is truly unbelievable. It is brutal to give Mark Stone numerous opportunities in the middle of the ice. Breakaways on the first shift don't just happen. That's not a mental lapse that just happens. That's a team unprepared and unwilling to play defense.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Sharks' abysmal goaltending versus their equally horrific defensive zone coverage reminds me of those old Miller Lite commercials ... "More taste!" "Less filling!"

"You're both right!"

Reactions: mooncalf

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
They were rightly called out by a former player as not having defensive structure and you're going to try and say it's the goalie. That's what is truly unbelievable. It is brutal to give Mark Stone numerous opportunities in the middle of the ice. Breakaways on the first shift don't just happen. That's not a mental lapse that just happens. That's a team unprepared and unwilling to play defense.
I'm officially renaming the Sharks' defensive zone slot The Mark Stone Party Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce