GDT: WCQF | GM2 | Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars | 8:30PM CT | BSSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think you are underestimating their D in playoffs. They won the cup last year for a reason. They have Pietroangelo, Hanifin, Martinez and Theodore on their top 4 D.
I'm not underrating them. I'm being realistic about their struggles this year. I know they can play better and they started to tonight. That doesn't change that they've been very mediocre this year.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I was reading in publications that Vegas was in danger of not making the playoffs and had little chance of repeating.
That was just the Vegas fans on social media jumping off ledges when they were slumping. Many of the loudest trolls today were the loudest critics demanding Mcrimmon blow it up.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'm not underrating them. I'm being realistic about their struggles this year. I know they can play better and they started to tonight. That doesn't change that they've been very mediocre this year.
I dont think they were serious about regular season. Heck they lost to garbage teams like Anaheim too. They turn it on during playoffs. They basically duped everyone here that thought they would be a mediocre team lol

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
That was just the Vegas fans on social media jumping off ledges when they were slumping. Many of the loudest trolls today were the loudest critics demanding Mcrimmon blow it up.

Can you show me where there was mass talk of McCrimmon “blowing it up”?

Honest question- I missed that.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I haven't seen one person say that, including me who's been critical of the team this year.
I saw a lot. I’ve seen many demanding Logan Thompson be sent down and Hague and Whitecloud be let go. I’ve seen assessments that the team no longer cares etc. the worst thing about living in Vegas is having all the algorithms on Twitter shove a bunch of posts about this team on my timeline whether I want them or not.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I mean it's not technically "cheating". It's just...a bad look for the league is all. It's clearly circumventing the spirit of the rule...and the NHL has cracked down on things that aren't technically illegal before. And applied retroactive penalties, etc.

A bad look for the league :laugh:
My man every couple months there's a bad look for the league. They had their deputy commissioners email hacked and published. They had a ref saying on mic that he wanted to get a penalty in for a certain team. They had a pro team playing at a college rink. They had a front office sweep sexual harassment under the rug.

They might change some rules but it won't be because they're worried about bad press from how a team uses LTIR.

It's cheating when they're outright lying about a player's injury status.

Oh? You have intimate knowledge of Mark Stone's spleen do you? McCrimmon snuck into his hotel one night and lacerated that thing himself I bet.

• Love
Reactions: WhataKnight

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Think Stars split in Vegas, but they're not going to beat the Knights 3 straight times.
Nah Stars will lose for sure with high chance of a sweep. Vegas just played it smart to let Edmonton face LA so they become tenderized before they face them. A not so fresh McDavid or an injured one would be easy for Vegas.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Do you want me to sift through Twitter to find stuff? Cuz I won’t. It’s not worth the time.

Not at all!

Twitter can’t be trusted. Hard avoid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seeing as I never heard anything about blowing up the roster on the VGK board here referencing it, it sounds like trolls

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I saw a lot. I’ve seen many demanding Logan Thompson be sent down and Hague and Whitecloud be let go. I’ve seen assessments that the team no longer cares etc. the worst thing about living in Vegas is having all the algorithms on Twitter shove a bunch of posts about this team on my timeline whether I want them or not.
Yeah well twitter fans are morons, I think we can all agree on that.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023

It’s shoving the wrong posts.

That’s social media algorithms for you; I never heard the phrase “blow it up” and “McCrimmon” attached so prominently until now.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This has been some high-level hockey in my opinion.

It's not like Dallas has been bad, Vegas is just so damn stingy and they don't crumble under pressure. Every time it's right there for Dallas in a key moment somehow Vegas survives.

They've got the one extra play both games. That's basically it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad