GDT: WCQF | GM2 | Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars | 8:30PM CT | BSSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
This argument is so dumb it makes my eyes bleed.

1714020551306.gif

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
People slept on Vegas. I kept saying they were gonna be just fine
No one slept on Vegas, especially since we all knew Stone was gonna be juuuuust fine for game 1.

I'm not even saying this as shit talk, but San Jose was closer to the Maple Leafs of the West. But even with them I wouldn't go that far because they made a final not too long ago.
I’d say SJ was more like the Ottawa of the west.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
No one slept on Vegas, especially since we all knew Stone was gonna be juuuuust fine for game 1.

The league dropped the ball on that one. I am not sure where he was skating and practicing but there is no way you practice for 2 days and look as good as he has

Reactions: WhataKnight

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I guess. Dallas has had more playoff success than Toronto though. So I don't think either works.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

I was reading in publications that Vegas was in danger of not making the playoffs and had little chance of repeating.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Dallas has more depth and top end talent than Arizona. They still carpet bombed Thompson with 9 goals. Edmonton had a couple blowouts against Vegas this year.
I think you are underestimating their D in playoffs. They won the cup last year for a reason. They have Pietroangelo, Hanifin, Martinez and Theodore on their top 4 D.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Are they allowed to replace that salary and continue just adding and shuffling and playing above the cap?

I think that's a kind of disingenuous way of looking at it. It's been a constant juggling effort, more than just key players going out all at once. The injuries lined up very well for them.

They're a good team and they play solid playoff hockey that is just very hard to beat there. But i think it's still a very questionable look for the league. Just shorten the regular season massively if most of it is not going to be important at all.

Yes? It's the same rules for every team.
I'm sure they'll look at it in the next CBA discussions but despite all the whining there's no 'cheating' going on. It's all within the rules.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Really surprised Dallas didn't even get the split at home. They seemed like a team perfectly positioned to go far. They're built for the playoffs , they have all the ingredients and were a consistently good team all year. Maybe they're like the Hurricanes - a really good team that just doesn't have that extra level.

We'll see in Vegas.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
How does a cap strapped team that wins the Cup add Hertl and Hanifin in place of Smith and Martinez.

It's really insane.

Good on McCrimmon for being a master of roster manipulation but you have to also give credit for the fact that all these acquisitions come with extensions and contracts to keep them competitive for the next few years to come.

Tough draw for Dallas to get a better version of last years champs

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm sure they'll look at it in the next CBA discussions but despite all the whining there's no 'cheating' going on. It's all within the rules.

I mean it's not technically "cheating". It's just...a bad look for the league is all. It's clearly circumventing the spirit of the rule...and the NHL has cracked down on things that aren't technically illegal before. And applied retroactive penalties, etc.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
It's cheating when they're outright lying about a player's injury status.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
How does a cap strapped team that wins the Cup add Hertl and Hanifin in place of Smith and Martinez.

It's really insane.

Good on McCrimmon for being a master of roster manipulation but you have to also give credit for the fact that all these acquisitions come with extensions and contracts to keep them competitive for the next few years to come.

Tough draw for Dallas to get a better version of last years champs

It's cheating when they're outright lying about a player's injury status.

The league does diligence. It was a valid injury.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Really surprised Dallas didn't even get the split at home. They seemed like a team perfectly positioned to go far. They're built for the playoffs , they have all the ingredients and were a consistently good team all year. Maybe they're like the Hurricanes - a really good team that just doesn't have that extra level.

We'll see in Vegas.
Honestly if Dallas got whooped at home and gets swept, not sure any team in tge west can beat them. The canucks are already done without Demko anyways. Even with Demko we would have a hard time beating a team like vegas, nevermind without one lol.

Reactions: Jay26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad