GDT: WCQF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Fri. May 3rd | 4pm PST | SNP/CBC | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
4 o'clock start, wtf is up with this bullshit? I don't get off of work until 430. Very annoyed by this. Hockey no longer caters to the Canadian fanbase.

This game is going to be the toughest one yet. Hopefully tye Canucks lethargic offense finally opens the floodgates.

Go Canucks

Reactions: Indiana and David71

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
It's been a coin flip so far - eerily similar to the 2011 Nashville series. This should be expected considering the Demko injury and the Canucks entire first line being MIA.

The lack of shots, particularly from a Pettersson first line, is not sustainable even if they win. The Predators are not the 95 Devils. No more excuses - the per game totals are historically anemic.

Goaltending has also not been a decisive factor so far. If it becomes a factor then it's likely bad for the Canucks, though either strong play from Saros or soft goals from Silvos / DeSmith.

Reactions: Indiana

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Boeser Pettersson Miller
Suter Lindholm Hoglander
Joshua Blueger Garland
Mikhayev Lafferty Di Giuseppe

play the 4th line minimal minutes. swap hoglander and mikhayev as need be. start actually coaching. Tocchet has been a pedestrian coach this series.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Says everyone who doesn't get invited to them.
Nah, every single facet of parties are stupid.
Music is way too loud, place is too crowded with drunk people, thiefs steal shit all the time, every food/beverage is overpriced. Transporation is a major concern afterparty as well.

I'd rather smoke/drink at home and play some board games/video games with my friends, spend sometime with my wife, or get comfy with you my homie. wink wink*

• Love

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Nah, every single facet of parties are stupid.
Music is way too loud, place is too crowded with drunk people, thiefs steal shit all the time, every food/beverage is overpriced. Transporation is a major concern afterparty as well.

I'd rather smoke/drink at home and play some board games/video games with my friends, spend sometime with my wife, or get comfy with you my homie. wink wink*
I like to just be naked. Anywhere. With a bag of super nibs

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Fully expecting this series to go 7 games with Round 2 starting on Tuesday. Oilers get 6 days of rest while the Canucks or Preds will only get 2 days to heal up.

Would have been nice to have seen this team get a full weeks of rest instead.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Fully expecting this series to go 7 games with Round 2 starting on Tuesday. Oilers get 6 days of rest while the Canucks or Preds will only get 2 days to heal up.

So they can make more fancy passes while well rested?

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon

Perfect. They will be rusty and we will need all the practice we can get!

• Love

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Make a f***ing statement, come out and absolutely destroy this Nashville team, and show the world that Edmonton won’t have a pushover series.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Thinking Nashville has the momentum and/or the series is definitely going 7 is simply a defeatist attitude from a jaded fan base.

Every game in this series has been different. The only real theme of the series has been that the team that has "deserved" to win has pretty much lost every game, which makes every game rather unpredictable. If momentum was going to carry over, it should have been an easy win for the Canucks in game 5 after the way the Preds were devastated in game 4. Instead, Nashville weathered the storm in the 1st and gutted out a win. They had every reason to quit on game 5 and didn't, so why would the Canucks quit on game 6 when they're up in the series.

There's no reason the Canucks can't bounce back from this and end it in Nashville. And there's no reason for them to share the same loser mentality some of this fanbase has (not that I blame any of us given our history). I'm not guaranteeing a win but I expect a strong effort.

"Resilient" is apparently their motto. They have a good chance to show us why.
LOL

It's not loser mentality.

It's protect myself from emotional harm mentality.

But you're totally right because we're up 3-2 and those Pred losers can't afford to make mistakes.

And hitting takes a lot of energy and Petey's bound to stop being lazy right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad