Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM06 | Canucks defeat Predators | 1-0 (Suter) | SILOVS! SUTER! HEROES!

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Pius Suter had more shots tonight than Pettersson had all series
I think that line is the only line where all 3 players can make plays and cycle the puck.

The puck is dying on Mik and Hog’s stick quite a lot.

Incredible how every single off seasons FA signings and mid season trade has paid off for us now

Suter
Zad
Blueger
Lindholm

Man, I want to resign everyone single one of them (except Suter cause he’s still signed )
extend Z and Lindholm. Starting to be not sure about Hronek. If he’s injured that explains a lot but at the same time, injured again? He was gone last season after we acquired him, is this going to be a chronic thing. Either way it seems like it’s not good.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
download.jpg

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Yes you go with Vezina candidate Demko.

Moot point, but I think it's a slam dunk decision if he is healthy.

Yep, everything has to go right to win a cup, including Demko coming back and being at the top of his game, and Pettersson getting out of his funk. The Canucks escaped the first round without everything going right but that luck is unlikely to continue.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This 2023-24 version of the Canucks are officially playing with 'house money'. Nobody predicted them to win the Pacific or win a playoff round.

They'll be the decided 'underdogs for as long as their playoff run lasts.

Tocchet actually made some interesting comments in his post-game presser. He predicted the Canucks would a lot less uptight and be a lot less fearful of making mistakes in their next series. It's a possibility. These games with the Preds were so tight that one crucial mistake could change the entire outcome of the series.

Maybe if they loosen up a bit, they can make more creative plays in the neutral zone, which was their calling card during the regular season.

Reactions: Indiana and TruGr1t

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hey guys, just dropped in to say congratulations! There a re a good bunch of guys here that I had many a varied discussion with for 8 seasons. Hope your boys aren't just 1 and done. Edmonton won't lay down for the Canucks.

Hope you go a long ride. Many of you deserve it for hanging with these guys for decades. Each one of you guys are the living definition of the word fan"fan".
B-Geezy for tha win :yo:

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Silovs ends the series with a 93.8 SV% a GAA of 1.70 and 1 shut out.

He was so calm out there. This kid is going to be taking the reigns from Demko the next couple seasons. I've heard Ian Clarke is super high on Silovs, and he has been fantastic this first round vs Nashville
Terrific numbers and remember, he LOST one of those games (which shows you how well Soros played). If we don't stick with him now we're nuts...

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Terrific numbers and remember, he LOST one of those games (which shows you how well Soros played). If we don't stick with him now we're nuts...
Yep, everything has to go right to win a cup, including Demko coming back and being at the top of his game, and Pettersson getting out of his funk. The Canucks escaped the first round without everything going right but that luck is unlikely to continue.
While Silovs is very deservedly the king of the town right now. My boy Demko had similar numbers while not playing in front of Cole, Blueger, Lindholm, Z and Soucy though. Credit to Allvin there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad